It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Water Mat
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am 
Team Axis

Anyone own a water mat like the one that Overton's sells or the Liquid Force Magic Mat? How do you like it? Recommendations? Is there a good way to carry it on the boat or is to bulky?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Water Mat
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:43 am 
Team Axis

We have the paradise pad. It measure 6 foot wide by 18 feet long. Yes, they are bulky and can be cumbersome to carry. I usually roll mine up and then strap it to the platform via the hooks on the transom. I bought a 7 1/2 stretchy dock line and put some clips on each end.

If you know it is going to be one of those days were you are chilling and floating in a cove all day they are great to have. It will always draw a crowd to it. If you are going to be boarding all day it is not worth the hassle to bring it with you. Also, if you have kids it is great for them to play on and get them out of the boat.

We would get another if we had it to do over again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 am 
Team Axis

I have an Aqua Lily Pad (18'x6'). It is awesome to have. As I'm getting older, I don't ride or board as much and just like getting on the lake 2-3 days a week an float. The mat is like your own beach anywhere you want. However, it is VERY bulky. I have an A24, my buddy has a T23 and the mat can fit on top of seats behind the driver. Both myself and my buddy usually only have our girls with us so it's no issue for us. However if you have a crew of people then it has to be secured to the platform. When secured to the platform you CANNOT use the platform whatsoever...its that big. I'm 95% positive it WILL NOT fit in cabin floor of anything other than an A24 or T23. I actually help my buddy sell them in a huge area of Central Texas just by using Craigslist. They are very popular with the pontoon boat owners, people with docks, lake house owners, and houseboats. Wakeboat owners don't have them very much just due to the fact they are bulky and take up so much room and/or block the platform if stored there. I would skip the Liquud Force version...flimsy and doesn't float well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 am 

I have the same pad as AJWest and last weekend was the first weekend using it. The kids love it, and it sure beats having to inflate/deflate inner tubes to lounge in the water when you are anchored or drifting. The mat's are super sturdy and the kids can run around and wrestle on it. I would buy another one of them in a heartbeat. We will clip it to the dock at the lake house and will usually only bring it out on the boat with us if we know we are going to lounge, they take up a ton of space. They will fit on the back seat of a T23 because that is what we have but they are so large it completely cuts out the visibility out the back of the boat if you were to board or surf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 am 
Team Axis

Appreciate the feedback. I was looking at the Aqua Lilly Pad as well. Does it have a smooth surface to lay on or is it rough like a pool noodle? I have an A22 so it will probably have to go on the swim platform. 90% of the time it will be used at the house off my dock. Probably put an anchor out to attach it to.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:23 am 
Team Axis

It's similar to a noodle texture but very comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 am 
Team Axis

AJ, what's your price on an original Lily pad? If you can't post it, message it to me.

Also, I can meet you halfway from your spot in TX and OKC somewhere to avoid the huge shipping cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 am 
Team Axis

If you would let me know a price for a 18 X 6 too I would appreciate it. I am.near Lake Conroe which doesn't look to far from the location under your name. So if it is reasonable I can drive out and pick it up in the next or two.

AJWest wrote:
I have an Aqua Lily Pad (18'x6'). It is awesome to have. As I'm getting older, I don't ride or board as much and just like getting on the lake 2-3 days a week an float. The mat is like your own beach anywhere you want. However, it is VERY bulky. I have an A24, my buddy has a T23 and the mat can fit on top of seats behind the driver. Both myself and my buddy usually only have our girls with us so it's no issue for us. However if you have a crew of people then it has to be secured to the platform. When secured to the platform you CANNOT use the platform whatsoever...its that big. I'm 95% positive it WILL NOT fit in cabin floor of anything other than an A24 or T23. I actually help my buddy sell them in a huge area of Central Texas just by using Craigslist. They are very popular with the pontoon boat owners, people with docks, lake house owners, and houseboats. Wakeboat owners don't have them very much just due to the fact they are bulky and take up so much room and/or block the platform if stored there. I would skip the Liquud Force version...flimsy and doesn't float well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:46 am 
Team Axis

Looked at one at SAMs club last night, not sure of the size( box seemed pretty large) but it was only $280. It even had a Axis on the box! Lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 pm 
Team Axis

The Sams one only holds like 700 lbs I think.

My paradise pad holds 1500 I think. We have 4 boys so between them and all the other kids they make friends with at the lake, it takes a beating every weekend. Holding up very well with a year and a half of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk