It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: T23 ballast setup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:19 pm 

This past weekend was our first out surfing in the new boat. Have the pnp 1100s in the rear, and 650 in the bow. It was pretty rough water conditions and we had 11 people in the boat, most of who were in back. With the wedge down we had a real hard time getting the boat to plane (have the torque prop) and have a clean wake. Raising the wedge made it plane easier, but we still had to go about 12.8 mph to get a clean wake. What speed are you all riding at?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:22 pm 
Team Axis

IMO...you need more bow weight, or less rear weight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 pm 
Team Axis

ffdawg wrote:
This past weekend was our first out surfing in the new boat. Have the pnp 1100s in the rear, and 650 in the bow. It was pretty rough water conditions and we had 11 people in the boat, most of who were in back. With the wedge down we had a real hard time getting the boat to plane (have the torque prop) and have a clean wake. Raising the wedge made it plane easier, but we still had to go about 12.8 mph to get a clean wake. What speed are you all riding at?

Have you checked your boat speed to a gps speed on your phone? Start there to make sure we are talking our speeds to your true speeds.

You need to move 3 of those heavy passengers to the bow.

You say you were trying to plane...are you boarding or surfing? Good luck boarding with that much weight...id like to see videos of the person riding behind you! They'd have to be one awesome rider to take on those wakes.

The wedge is roughly 1000lbs of force on the rear of the boat. Balance it with some bow weight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:51 pm 
Team Axis

Boostedsled wrote:
ffdawg wrote:

Have you checked your boat speed to a gps speed on your phone? Start there to make sure we are talking our speeds to your true speeds.

You need to move 3 of those heavy passengers to the bow.

You say you were trying to plane...are you boarding or surfing? Good luck boarding with that much weight...id like to see videos of the person riding behind you! They'd have to be one awesome rider to take on those wakes.

The wedge is roughly 1000lbs of force on the rear of the boat. Balance it with some bow weight.

There is a local guy on here that wake boards with like 7k lbs of ballast in his a24 from his pictures he makes good of it :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:59 am 
Team Axis

Is that Doogles?

There are plenty of folks who can...but it would make me piss my pants coming up to a wake that size.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 am 
Team Axis

JohnnyBravo wrote:
garner wrote:
I am running the stock ballast plus 900s in the rear and the front 650. We usually run a pretty light crew. With just me and the wife I full everything and leave the wedge up to get some length out of the wave. To me if the wedge is down it is too steep and hard to stay off the platform.

I need to add a bag in the walkway to get the wave I am looking for.

I have the same setup and feel the wave is rather short. Guess we should try adding weight to bow or walkway?

Yes, I am positive we need more weight in the nose or don't fill the rears up all the way.

Have you tried running with no wedge? Right now that is about the only way I can get a longer wave.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 am 
Team Axis

Boostedsled wrote:
Is that Doogles?

There are plenty of folks who can...but it would make me piss my pants coming up to a wake that size.

Yes.. I agree with you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:18 pm 

I'm running 900's in the lockers and the 650 in the bow and my wave looks nothing like toner's wave. That thing looks amazing. Mine has a ton of push but it's a lot shorter. No way I could surf 25' and probably not even at 15' I don't usually have a big crew with me, but what else are you guys using to lengthen your surf wave? Should I add more weight in the bow? More in the walkway by the bow? Dump water out of the rear bags? Adding more weight to the bow would make me a little nervous, but I'd try it if that's what it takes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:55 pm 
Team Axis

cptotr wrote:
I'm running 900's in the lockers and the 650 in the bow and my wave looks nothing like toner's wave. That thing looks amazing. Mine has a ton of push but it's a lot shorter. No way I could surf 25' and probably not even at 15' I don't usually have a big crew with me, but what else are you guys using to lengthen your surf wave? Should I add more weight in the bow? More in the walkway by the bow? Dump water out of the rear bags? Adding more weight to the bow would make me a little nervous, but I'd try it if that's what it takes.

Bow weight or a bag in the walkway floor leading up to the box is needed for more length.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:46 pm 

garner wrote:
cptotr wrote:

Bow weight or a bag in the walkway floor leading up to the box is needed for more length.

What size do you guys recommend? Another 650 on top of the seats or something smaller in the bow with another in the walkway? Which bag fits well into that walkway leading to the bow. My boat is in the slip and won't be able to get to it until next week or I'd just measure it myself. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next