It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Vibration
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:13 pm 

I'm new to this forum but couldn't wait to weigh in on this problem. Identical issue in our T22 - 350 engine. First weekend was last wknd. And I have the same issue. I got all the same responses from my dealer that's posted here. I am furious that this seems to acceptable. The noise is ridiculous. Seriously, we thought we blew something to pieces when we first started it and we're in neutral. It's going to the shop this Saturday and I'm seriously hoping that we get to a reasonable conclusion. I didn't spend this kind of money to have it sounds like a tin boat with a old merc. Hanging on the back of it.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has been able to get it fixed so idle sounds normal???

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 am 

You'll notice it's only when the ballast is full? I've found on my t23 is only when the swim platform is sitting right on the water (like when the ballast is full). If it's sitting out of the water or under water it doesn't happen. Also if you have someone stand on the platform when you hear it, it generally goes away. The solution is to "through-bolt" the swim platform. That's what my dealer did another T23 they sold and intend to do to mine once they get through the busy season.

They've also said that FAE will make the vibrations significantly worse. I don't have one, so mine is manageable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:33 pm 
Boater

I noticed my FAE made some weird vibrations as well. It was pretty easy to tell the exhaust was hitting the wedge while deployed. It was only noticeable while the boat was in idle with the wedge deployed. Simple fix was to move the exhaust a little further forward.

One other thought is to take a look at your engine mounts. I would think Axis would have used some sort of engine mounts. I know the rubber isolators can be easily damaged if they were tightened too much as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 pm 

I thought some of the same things you guys have mentioned /suggested. I've tried with surf wedge deployed and of course with ballast(s) full and empty. I still have the noise. I also tried having someone standing on the back grid to see if that would solve it. Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but my noise is loud. Like I said, it's going to dealer this Saturday. I really want this fixed. I've been told and it's been suggested that this is one of those things a guy just lives with. I sure hope not. It's my only complaint on the boat. I love everything else......but this rattle. Uuugh!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:26 pm 
Boater

I get the same noise and its the swim platform vibrating. Mine only does this when I am weighted. It was always faint but it became much more pronounced and constant after a month or so. I looked at the swim platform when the boat was on the trailer and the top pins that hold the swim platform in were about to fall out causing the platform to have considerably more play than usual. Since then, every 10 or so hours I notice the pins rotate and back themselves out. Check your platform and consider thru bolting the top pins.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 pm 

Mine is the same.....gets worse with when weighted to the point where the swim platform is rattling. Good call on checking the pins and worth a look at the engine bolts.
Let us know how you make out with your dealer, trying to talk mine in to coming for a lake test instead of the fake lake.
Love every single part of the boat but that sound and vibration is hard to deal with....plus worried that a couple years down the road and try and sell it and say its normal...a buy might not think the same.
Hoping someone who has a 409 or different engine chimes in to see if its the engine or the engine mounting process or exhaust.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:32 pm 
Team Axis

I have the 2015 T22 w/409. 1) I had the same type of vibration but sourced it to the plastic dry tray over over the engine. It only vibrated at lowest idling, then I put my anchor on the tray and it almost went away completely and later I stuck four rubber anti skid floor pegs that are sold for furniture legs. Vibration stopped.
2) Still have a little rumble from the single exhaust which does vibrate the the platform when my rear tanks and PNP bags are full. Like Boater said, it's the rear pins. I got fat plastic zip ties and locked them between the pin and the brace to tighten it down; no more vibration.
I would post a pic but I can't figure out how to do it, always gets rejected because of size.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:54 pm 

So I went to the dealer today (Wizard Lake Marine-Alberta) and they went through and performed my first service. While doing that, they went through every component and checked for any manufacturing defects or issues that would cause this vibration. Everything including the motor mounts were all good. This is definitely not a "rattle" issue. While the boat was parked in the fake lake it performed the vibration / rattle sound as I knew it would. They all listened to it and said the same thing.......this is a result of a split hull and it carries the vibration from the exhaust system as it purges the water through it. So it's official. There is NO FIX for this. I did manage to get it on paper as a concern and they assured me they would contact axis. As far as I'm concerned, axis needs to find a remedy for this!!! Not sure about the rest of ya'll but mine is bloody loud. So I guess we wait and see what axis says if anything. Poor design in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:15 pm 

Anyone know if this is just with the 350 engine or if they other crusader engines have the same vibration?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 am 

I wanted to join this forum as a new axis boat owner. More specifically to assist in dealing with this problem. I belong to other forums for other toys I have where the manufacturer will monitor the threads and chime in once in a while. Does anyone know if axis/Malibu management jumps on this forum and reviews some of the concerns? I guess my next course of action is to send axis a letter stating my concerns and see what happens. I never thought I would spend the kind of money I did on a boat and have this terrible vibration. I'm hoping that my dealer, who is awesome, will go to bat and find out the answers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next