It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2014 Wetsounds SP3 Mods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:41 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
JohnnyBravo wrote:
Does anyone have any Marine Audio folks they recommend in Knoxville area?

Me. Hit me up. I am free..or maybe a pull for my wife and I....depending on what you need done. If it is the 420 install, it should be pretty easy. You can copy my install if you want.

Did you tune the stereo as well when you put in the 420?
Hoping I asked the right question. I've just read here how people say to get the EQ and have the stereo tuned.
I'd also like to add the xm/sirius.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:22 am 
Team Axis

No you do not HAVE to tune it after adding the WS420, but you should. My guy sucked, he did more damage than good. I now have a ground loop issue (whining noise) and he did a shitty job mounting the EQ. I could have done a better job. My bad on installer selection, certified Wetsounds "dealer" means SHIT.

Following back up...
Adding the 650s ... On the dash, need something midship. Has anyone had to mess with the amp wiring? Getting ready to see how it's done from the factory, I'm assuming parallel / serial unless they're running one channel 2 ohm, one 4 ohm??

Last edited by aguaskis on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 am 
Team Axis

Update:
Front speakers are wired in series, rear are series/parallel (the 2nd pair jumped off the 1st pair of rears).

I was concerned about having to re-wire everything but no need.

The fourth Wetsounds XS- 650 pair I installed on the dash just under the windshield, made a HUGE difference in the cockpit!! Have to tune back the rear channel now, passengers in the rear complaining it's TOO LOUD :-)

The passenger side was simple, I used a compass circle cutter style blade to cut the 5" hole, took many revolutions. Then drilled a 3/8" hole in the rear of the glove box to run the wire back to the bow.

The driver's side same hole process for the 5" hole. I had to use a 4" hole saw to allow the speaker to sit another inch lower. Ran the wire to the front speaker.

Getting in all 4 screws in without taking out the windshield will be tricky. My buddy had an angled adapter bit and a couple short sharp screws.