It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thought Boat Talk Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm 
Team Axis

JayMan wrote:
So what? I thought it was obvious but being dishonest with your dealer isn't the best option here in my opinion. That's just not the way I do business at least. Do you think your dealer will take care of you as well if you take the shady approach to an issue that you actually caused? Do what you want but karma is a B.

I would just tell my dealer what happened. If they could get the skin replaced for another known issue then thats a bonus. I have always been completely honest with my dealer and I think they have returned the favor.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm 
Team Axis

Raimie wrote:
JayMan wrote:
So what? I thought it was obvious but being dishonest with your dealer isn't the best option here in my opinion. That's just not the way I do business at least. Do you think your dealer will take care of you as well if you take the shady approach to an issue that you actually caused? Do what you want but karma is a B.

I would just tell my dealer what happened. If they could get the skin replaced for another known issue then thats a bonus. I have always been completely honest with my dealer and I think they have returned the favor.

Well, then that's a horse of a different color. Your original post didn't mention telling the dealer, but more along the lines of pulling a fast one in hopes of getting a free skin under warranty and claiming the seam/stitching was actually the issue. I'm happy to hear that you have a good relationship with your dealer. I think that's really important and unfortunately some people don't think twice about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:26 pm 
Boater

Looking to buy after market wheels for my trailer! Any places or sites to get nice wheels and tires for a boat ate trailer? Anyone have any luck finding some pretty reasonable priced

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am 
Team Axis

OffAxis2015 wrote:
Looking to buy after market wheels for my trailer! Any places or sites to get nice wheels and tires for a boat ate trailer? Anyone have any luck finding some pretty reasonable priced

Thanks

I came across this website awhile back:
https://www.trailer-wheels.com/mobile/home.asp#home

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:49 pm 
Team Axis

I wonder if dual delayed convergence is possible making surfing like wakeboarding and new tricks will evolve from there. It seems possible. The wake wouldn't be as tall but it could lead to new transition tricks.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 pm 
Boater

Nice Thanks Jayman

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:30 pm 
Team Axis

Maybe not the right place for this but it's boat talk...

I haven't had a boat w/ ballast before so I've got some questions...

-To fill the tanks/PNP bags do I just let it go until it starts draining out the side? (read that somewhere)
-To empty everything do I just let it drain until it stops coming out?

Last two might seem silly but just curious as I've never purposely had holes in the bottom of a boat before, lol.

-Do the boats have a valve or something where the pickup is on the bottom in case the pump fails or the hose busts and starts leaking?
-What do you do if your ballast is full and your pumps don't work or you don't have power for some reason, anything really. Can you manually drain the bags/tanks or what? I can't imagine it would be easy to get on the trailer loaded down nor am I sure the trailer could even handle the additional weight.

Thanks! Hopefully picking up our boat soon and my dealer isn't being very helpful unfortunately, kinda ticked at this point TBH.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:59 pm 
Team Axis

Yes draining out the side is a way to tell if they are full. You can also take a look at the PnP bags as they will probably need air purged out of them to completely fill.

Yes drain until they stop pumping water out.

Yes there are cut off cables at the hull for the fill lines.

You can keep a tsunami ballast pump on the boat in case I need to manually drain a bag.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:51 am 
Team Axis

Also, I wouldn't ever trailer it with the pnp bags full from a failed pump but I would have no issue trailering it with the hard tanks full and pnp bags empty.

Also, this is a perfect place for questions like that. Got anymore questions?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:53 am 
Team Axis

Also, I wouldn't ever trailer it with the pnp bags full from a failed pump but I would have no issue trailering it with the hard tanks full and pnp bags empty.

Also, this is a perfect place for questions like that. Got anymore questions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next