It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thought Boat Talk Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:11 pm 
Boater

SDUKES wrote:
Its a common problem with the remote filters. My service guy said they have a system where they use two wrenches and two mechanics when they get one that's stuck. He told me to just finger tighten them and I haven't had an issue since.

So it's not that the service person used their "magic gorilla hands" to tighten the filter, the filters just get really tight after hours of use for some reason?

I've changed my own oil my whole life and I've always followed the simple directions on the filter to hand tighten until snug and then another 1/4 turn. I've never had a problem getting them off....... I blame magic gorilla hands!

One complaint I have on my A24 is that there are A LOT of screws installed at slight angles, loose, stripped etc. On every aluminum vent plate, floor buttons for the snaps, bolts holding the axis grille where the cooler is located. It's the kind of thing that says either the build was rushed or the quality control was lacking. Has anyone else been screwed? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 am 
Team Axis

Spiracle wrote:
SDUKES wrote:
Its a common problem with the remote filters. My service guy said they have a system where they use two wrenches and two mechanics when they get one that's stuck. He told me to just finger tighten them and I haven't had an issue since.

So it's not that the service person used their "magic gorilla hands" to tighten the filter, the filters just get really tight after hours of use for some reason?

I've changed my own oil my whole life and I've always followed the simple directions on the filter to hand tighten until snug and then another 1/4 turn. I've never had a problem getting them off....... I blame magic gorilla hands!

One complaint I have on my A24 is that there are A LOT of screws installed at slight angles, loose, stripped etc. On every aluminum vent plate, floor buttons for the snaps, bolts holding the axis grille where the cooler is located. It's the kind of thing that says either the build was rushed or the quality control was lacking. Has anyone else been screwed? :lol:

I have been on at least 5 different Axis boats and everything you said above holds true. It still bugs me to see and remove random screws from my bilge.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am 
Team Axis

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1432480336277.jpg[/attachment]

Good times. My axis is on the end.

Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1432480336277.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432480336277.jpg [ 157.49 KiB | Viewed 17838 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm 
Team Axis

I finally resolved all my stereo issues. It took a while and a lot of troubleshooting. Hopefully they stay fixed. Now I get to deal with a leaky sumo arrow bag that I thought was resolved last year. I am going to put a fly high sac in it this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:12 pm 
Team Axis

Dezul....that looks like a blast on the water!

I'm wondering how/where is the best way to mount the fire extinguisher? I was thinking about putting it behind the drivers seat on the carpeted inside of the boat. That way it's easily accessible from the lounge area of the boat if needed. Anyone know if that area is thick enough for some self tapping screws? Anyone have pictures of where they put theirs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 pm 
Team Axis

ThatGuy wrote:
Dezul....that looks like a blast on the water!

I'm wondering how/where is the best way to mount the fire extinguisher? I was thinking about putting it behind the drivers seat on the carpeted inside of the boat. That way it's easily accessible from the lounge area of the boat if needed. Anyone know if that area is thick enough for some self tapping screws? Anyone have pictures of where they put theirs?
I should feel ashamed for saying this cause my job is basically a "fire marshall", but toss it in the storage area with the batteries and leave it. Nothing says it is required to be mounted in the upright position and they work cause they are pressurized. Mine is a little larger than required....but honestly, if a fire is on my boat, I am not going to fight it. Make sure the family is safe off of the boat then worry about the fire. Lives are worth more than property.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:13 am 
Team Axis

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1433509962945.jpg[/attachment]

The wife surfing yesterday.

Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1433509962945.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1433509962945.jpg [ 102.78 KiB | Viewed 17696 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1433509962945.jpg[/attachment]

Nice, surf wave is looking good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:17 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:

Nice surf wave. Is that an A24? Just curious how its weighted?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 am 
Team Axis

'14 A22 with both 900lb rear sacs full, arrow sac full, stock full, wedge down, and three 230lb men in the boat. 11.4mph.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next