It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thought Boat Talk Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:39 pm 
Team Axis

So I've got a mystery leak that I just can't seem to find. Re sealed the drain plug housing, pulled the center panel out and checked all the front/center ballast tubing. Checked surf gate areas. Checked rear ballast tubing.

Nada.

So frustrating cause after a solid 3 hours of boating it'll start tripping the auto bilge sensor when accelerating.

The one spot that's hard to see is prop shaft/rudder box area.

Any ideas? Haven't taken it to the dealer cause it's not serious enough to loose boating days, but will definitely handle at the end of the season

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:47 pm 
Team Axis

Feel for the wet spots.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:30 pm 
Team Axis

^dick lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:31 pm 
Team Axis

I think I may have isolated it to the shaft seal? I'm wondering if that's typical with these v-drives

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 am 
Team Axis

Couple more questions as we use the boat more....

Does everyone always have a small bit of water in the hull after a day on the water?
I'm talking maybe an inch or so where the T-handle plug is...and no matter what I do it never fully drains out sitting on the trailer, very annoying!

How many people use the factory mirror? And where did you install it?
My dealer recommends on the center window but I'm not sure I always want to have the window closed when going. I'm thinking about putting it on the left window but all the way towards the middle so the middle window can be open/closed without issue.

What does everyone do with the snap out carpet after a day out?
I went to put the cover on it yesterday and the snap out carpet was still soaked! I think it's the rubber backing/plushness that makes it retain the water. I pulled it all out and hung it up to dry but the fact that the large piece is under the sliding seat makes it annoying to remove it. Consdering taking the boat out w/out it to try it out but then I'll still have the snaps, argh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 am 
Team Axis

ThatGuy wrote:
Couple more questions as we use the boat more....

Does everyone always have a small bit of water in the hull after a day on the water?
I'm talking maybe an inch or so where the T-handle plug is...and no matter what I do it never fully drains out sitting on the trailer, very annoying!

How many people use the factory mirror? And where did you install it?
My dealer recommends on the center window but I'm not sure I always want to have the window closed when going. I'm thinking about putting it on the left window but all the way towards the middle so the middle window can be open/closed without issue.

What does everyone do with the snap out carpet after a day out?
I went to put the cover on it yesterday and the snap out carpet was still soaked! I think it's the rubber backing/plushness that makes it retain the water. I pulled it all out and hung it up to dry but the fact that the large piece is under the sliding seat makes it annoying to remove it. Consdering taking the boat out w/out it to try it out but then I'll still have the snaps, argh.

PTM Edge Mirror mounted on drivers window just to the left of center. I origially had the factory mirror mounted on the center glass and I LOVE not having the mirror on the center window. Plus, the PTM mirror has a much better field of view and clear picture.

I have the tatami mat, so I don't have that issue...
If you want to take out the snaps they are just held in with a screw. You would just have some barely noticable holes there if you took them out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:35 am 
Team Axis

The life jacket I wear when riding soaks up a ton of water. I make sure to take it off before climbing back into the cabin to help keep things dry. Also, I like my mirror mounted to the tower but really want to upgrade to the PTM at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
Boater

My 2014 A22 has 210 hours on it - Factory mirror on the Left Window - We have not had any water leak problems - After messing with the bags - What are you running for prop and weight (And where at)? We have replaced the Surf Gate module twice now - Otherwise real happy with the boat - Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 pm 
Team Axis

I too have about an inch or two of water in center plug. It doesn't drain out all the way, ever. It seems like more water than I would expect. The lip on the T plug hole is higher and water just doesn't drain out. I leave my access open and it evaporates after a few days. Probably my biggest irritation with my 15 T22.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 am 
Team Axis

Thanks for the info and confirmation that I'm not alone....lol.

Can you guys post a picture of your mirrors mounted?

Thought of another question....what are these things that were included in my bag from the dealer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next