It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thought Boat Talk Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 am 
Team Axis

Did have a pretty sad moment the other day though, was lowering my tower to fit in garage and the driver side tower support slipped from my hand.

Put a solid 2 inch tear in driver seat vinyl. After crying myself to sleep (new boat syndrome) I now lower the tower with pillows strategically placed everywhere LOL.

Anyone have recommendations for getting driver seat fixed? Right now I just have it taped so I don't miss any boating but will need to get it fixed soon in order to satisfy my OCD haha. You guys think dealer or a 3rd party vinyl professional?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:09 am 
Team Axis

3FRule wrote:
Did have a pretty sad moment the other day though, was lowering my tower to fit in garage and the driver side tower support slipped from my hand.

Put a solid 2 inch tear in driver seat vinyl. After crying myself to sleep (new boat syndrome) I now lower the tower with pillows strategically placed everywhere LOL.

Anyone have recommendations for getting driver seat fixed? Right now I just have it taped so I don't miss any boating but will need to get it fixed soon in order to satisfy my OCD haha. You guys think dealer or a 3rd party vinyl professional?

Look the captains chair over for any seams that are showing a lot of thread. Take close up pictures that show the little holes forming around the thread. Send those to your dealer and request a new skin under warranty. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:29 am 
Team Axis

Raimie wrote:
3FRule wrote:

Look the captains chair over for any seams that are showing a lot of thread. Take close up pictures that show the little holes forming around the thread. Send those to your dealer and request a new skin under warranty. Problem solved.

Hmm..wouldn't the dealer be installing the skin under warranty and inevitably realize the true cause for the replacement?

3FRule, the same exact scenario happened to us so I know how you feel... Drivers side support dropped and hit the top/back part of the seat causing two small tears. We actually just lived with it but it was an eye sore. The skin just got replaced when we sold it.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:48 am 
Team Axis

I took the boat to the dealer and let their vinyl guy take care of a couple of small repairs. Now I just do the repair myself if it is small enough. I used locktite vinyl adhesive. It works great. If I remember, I will post a picture of the repairs. It will have to wait till next week though, I am at the beach this week.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am 
Team Axis

JayMan wrote:
Raimie wrote:

Hmm..wouldn't the dealer be installing the skin under warranty and inevitably realize the true cause for the replacement?

3FRule, the same exact scenario happened to us so I know how you feel... Drivers side support dropped and hit the top/back part of the seat causing two small tears. We actually just lived with it but it was an eye sore. The skin just got replaced when we sold it.

So what? He is going to have to pay the dealer service charge. Only parts are under warranty at this point. The dealer still gets paid.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 am 
Team Axis

Raimie wrote:
JayMan wrote:
Raimie wrote:

So what? He is going to have to pay the dealer service charge. Only parts are under warranty at this point. The dealer still gets paid.

So what? I thought it was obvious but being dishonest with your dealer isn't the best option here in my opinion. That's just not the way I do business at least. Do you think your dealer will take care of you as well if you take the shady approach to an issue that you actually caused? Do what you want but karma is a B.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm 

This wrap has been on going on it's third year now. Kind of a way to incorporate Axis and A22 but in a very unique way. I love this wrap. It's about time for a new one as it is showing some wear and tear, but I think I may just reprint the same wrap and replace this one with the same!

Attachments:
D.jpg
D.jpg [ 365.11 KiB | Viewed 16609 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 pm 
Team Axis

broco18 wrote:
This wrap has been on going on it's third year now. Kind of a way to incorporate Axis and A22 but in a very unique way. I love this wrap. It's about time for a new one as it is showing some wear and tear, but I think I may just reprint the same wrap and replace this one with the same!
too much flair. I like the industrial clean look. The clean look reminds me of a 60s model car. Straight beast and serves one purpose...haul ass.

If I was younger, I would like that flashy wrap. Good looking boat though. Those rims on the trailer are more my style. I got the rockstar trailer rims and I am not a fan of them. They are too flashy.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 pm 
Team Axis

broco18 wrote:

Sorry but I'm not familiar with how wraps work. Is there any harm to the gelcoat? Is it pretty straightforward to remove and replace them?
BTW, that looks sharp.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:41 pm 
Team Axis

Dude I really dig that wrap!

Also thanks for the input about the seat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next