It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winterizing Your Axis
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm 
Team Axis

Plus the heater turned on to make sure it's flowing through there as well....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:29 pm 
Team Axis

Fishn4four wrote:
Plus the heater turned on to make sure it's flowing through there as well....

What I am talking about is getting the engine up to operating temp 180-190F then turning on the antifreeze. It would be super easy. The heater is easy to clean out. Winterizing the boat isn't hard, I am just looking to speed it up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:31 am 
Team Axis

Pretty sure this is what is factory installed on my boat.
https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1649

Tried using this pump but didn't create enough pressure
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200589679

Going to get this one and try it.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _7736_7736

I will then catch all the coolant coming out of the exhaust in a long storage tote and pump it back into the transom fitting. Keeping an eye on the temp.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 am 
Team Axis

Stuart870 wrote:
I attempted the winterization process on my 2012 a22 last weekend. I followed the steps in this post but some things were unclear to me. So if someone with this model boat or newer will chime in it will be much appreciated.

1. Removed 2 plugs from block that had knock sensors on them. (significant water drained)
2. Unscrewed garden hose connector. (significant water drained)
3. Removed 2 brass plugs from v-drive. (very little water drained)
4. Pulled hose from trans cooler(just above alternator) that appeared to run to water pump(impeller). Removed both ends and hardly any water drained.
5. Removed spark plugs one at a time and sprayed a small shot of fogging oil. I didn't turn motor over at all. Is this adequate?
6. Removed battery cables from both batteries.

Are there any additional hoses to drain? I'm not sure about the J hose. I didn't remove any that I would say fit the description. The boat has not been ran in a month and stabilizer was added the last time I put gas in it. Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to screw this up. Thanks for any and all replies.

I'm dewinterizing today and I've replaced everything mentioned above. I've put thread sealant on the block plugs like the manual states and I'm wondering if I should be doing this to the Vdrive plugs (sacrificial anodes) as well. The manual isn't real clear on this. All advice is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:46 am 
Team Axis

If you have knock sensors, you do not need thread sealant. No thread sealant on the v-drive plugs either. At least, that's how I always handled my 2012 and never had issues.

18 Monterey 278SSC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:56 pm 
Team Axis

BUMP! Tis the time of year, unfortunately, and I'm planning to get my boat winterized/ready for storage. I've got to take the boat in for some warranty issues anyways so may have them just do it anyways, but after getting a quote for $350 including an oil change I'm second guessing having them do it. This is my first boat, so I'm a newb, and being a '15 the engine/trans are different than the older Axis boats so I was wondering if anyone with a '15 has winterized yet and has a step-by-step list? Also, my boat does NOT have the transom flush, so do I need to buy that to winterize it myself on the trailer or what are my options?

TIA!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 pm 
Team Axis

ThatGuy wrote:
BUMP! Tis the time of year, unfortunately, and I'm planning to get my boat winterized/ready for storage. I've got to take the boat in for some warranty issues anyways so may have them just do it anyways, but after getting a quote for $350 including an oil change I'm second guessing having them do it. This is my first boat, so I'm a newb, and being a '15 the engine/trans are different than the older Axis boats so I was wondering if anyone with a '15 has winterized yet and has a step-by-step list? Also, my boat does NOT have the transom flush, so do I need to buy that to winterize it myself on the trailer or what are my options?

TIA!

Read your owners manual. It will tell you how. It is super simple and will save you a lot of money. It takes about an hour or so if you are anal about it. After the first time, you are money.

There are two ways to do it, one way is more right than the other. The right way is to drain all the plugs on the engine and then suck rv antifreeze into the block and leave it. The other way is to drain the block and leave it. You pick which best suits your needs. Don't be scared of this task. If you can change your oil, you can do this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:01 pm 
Team Axis

Also, don't forget your ballast. I typically pull my plug n play bags, drain the hard tanks, then pour a gallon of rv antifreeze into each tank using the drain hose from the PNP. I also pull the batteries and seats and store them in my house. I store my boat in a carport next to my house though so that is optional. If I had a 4 ton lift, I would lift the trailer up till the wheels don't touch ground and jack stand it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:28 pm 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:

TIA!

Read your owners manual. It will tell you how. It is super simple and will save you a lot of money. It takes about an hour or so if you are anal about it. After the first time, you are money.

There are two ways to do it, one way is more right than the other. The right way is to drain all the plugs on the engine and then suck rv antifreeze into the block and leave it. The other way is to drain the block and leave it. You pick which best suits your needs. Don't be scared of this task. If you can change your oil, you can do this.

How does this winterize the heater core??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 am 
Team Axis

r33pwrd wrote:
How does this winterize the heater core??

The heater core is pretty simple too. You should be able to disconnect a hose that runs under the transmission, then pull the line that runs from the engine to the heater and use an air compressor to blow out the water. I then put some antifreeze in it too.

On my engine, the engine has a sticker on it next to the outlet running to the heater core says "To heater".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next