It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Winterizing Your Axis
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 am 

Walter's post and photos were so helpful on winterizing my 2010 A22. It went without a hitch for years. However, now I have upgraded to a 2015 A22 with the Monsoon 350 engine. Nothing looks the same. Has anyone posted a similar tutorial on how to winterize the 2015 A22 with the Monsoon engine?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 pm 
Team Axis

It should still be very similar, I just helped a buddy do his Malibu and we had to remove the knock sensors to get the water drained out of the engine block, and then had to dig a screwdriver around in the holes because they were covered up with sediment and wouldn’t drain, also pulled the impeller and hose from the trans cooler and the exhaust crossover, check the owners manual if you have one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 pm 
Team Axis

ironmike wrote:
Walter's post and photos were so helpful on winterizing my 2010 A22. It went without a hitch for years. However, now I have upgraded to a 2015 A22 with the Monsoon 350 engine. Nothing looks the same. Has anyone posted a similar tutorial on how to winterize the 2015 A22 with the Monsoon engine?

There is a great video on youtube, however I am at work and cant get to it to search. Just search "winterize indmar 350" and it should come up. Had step by step instructions that made it very easy.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 pm 
Team Axis

https://youtu.be/ezZJq3nn1Z0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:07 pm 
Boater

Hello all, I have a 2011 A20 with the 335. This year, I snapped the T fitting on the bottom of the starbord side exaust manifold. Apparantly indmar no longer makes a replacement T fitting and has replaced it with 2 seperate 90 degree fittings. My question is how are they supposed to fit? it seems like the smaller fitting that goes to the crossover hose will impeade the main hose that supplies water to the manifold since the only other plug is aft of the supply fitting. Does anyone have a pic of the set up for the new fittings? Thanks in advance!

this is the part that broke. the small side goes to the crossover drain hose.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:37 pm 

buffaxis wrote:
JimFuller wrote:
I posted a question about the Perko Flush valve for winterizing my Axis A24 on the DIY page and no one replied. It appears to be very simple install and easy way to add antifreeze after the boat warms up on a garden hose.

Anyone have experience with the Perko Flush Valve and what are your thoughts?

http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/u ... roduct/62/

Jim

I just installed a indmar strainer pro. with a hose hook up. same thing as perko really but w a strainer. I also have a valve i can shut at the water intake before the strainer. Perko has a check valve i think.

these things are awesome was able to run the boat for 15 minutes to heat the oil worked great. Also have a 5 gallon jug from west marine with a hose attachment to have the strainer pro suck in the anti freeze.

Buff - I just bought an Indmar Sea Strainer Pro but I'm not sure where is best to install it - was thinking on the section just before it goes into the V drive on starboard side?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:16 pm 
Team Axis

Do our boats have a thermostat like a car? When winterizing do we need to warm it up first? I have the freshwater perko valve and I drained the block, the hoses from the exhaust manifolds, and heater core. Blew out the heater core filled with pink stuff and blowed on it again until I seen pink and reconnected the hoses. Removed the two sacrificial plugs at the front of the tranny and reinstalled them and the block plugs after all water was removed. Then i used a small 12 volt pump at the rear of the boat to connect to the freshwater valve at the rear of the boat that goes to the perko valve. I started the engine and ran the pump and watched all the pink go into the perko valve and run out the exhaust. I ran about 6 gallons through the engine and shut it down. I also added what I had left of the pink antifreeze about 3 gallons to the holes in the sides of the boat that go to the ballast tanks. they were already drained but added just in case. Does this sound like I got everything? I just got to wondering if our boats had a thermostat or not. I know it runs a consistent 160 temp when running.

Thanks

Adrian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:50 pm 
Team Axis

You covered all of the steps that I go through to winterize the Axis. To answer your question, yes, the Axis engine does have thermostat that should be replace every several years. I always have to warm up the engine before adding the pink antifreeze so that the thermostat is open and sucking in the antifreeze from the Perko valve. If you google your engine, it will show you where it is installed. BakesOnLine carries the thermostat or maybe a local auto parts store

I also change the oil, filter and water pump impeller at the same time

Jim

Boat Name: Who's Next

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12