It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wakesurfing...To Wedge or Not to Wedge
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:07 pm 
Axis Owner

So I recently installed the plug and play system in my boat. I wanted to get everyones ideas and help or comments on how they create the best wake for wakesurfing.

Usually, I have the wedge down. I dont have a power wedge. But ever since i added the extra weight in the boat, I like it without the wedge. It feels like its a longer wave...feels more like real surfing.

I also usually let out 1 side of the ballast and bags...either left side or right side, depending on the rider's preference...

What do you guys recommend or think for most optimal wave creation.

My speed is usually 9mph...

Any thoughts, or comments. I want to make sure I have this right. I can ride without the rope fine, but im usually like less than a foot away from the boat...2 feet at the furthers point usually...

Post subject: Re: Wakesurfing...To Wedge or Not to Wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 pm 
Axis Owner

My advise, more ballast. I got the same setup as you, but I took out the 200 pounder on the drivers side, and added a 500 pounder, then placed the 200 under the seat. Or if you want to fill it all the way, on top of the seat. We also surf at 9mph which seam to be best, Fill the drivers side up, and I fill around half of the center tank as well. But if I could get more weight, I would think I could bump that speed up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Try 10.2 on the speed.. that seems to always work best when I am in a Malibu.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:29 pm 
Axis Owner

Yeah, we did that the other day. Added 2 extra bags on the drivers' side, 1 under the seat, 1 on top with the seat removed.

I also fluctuate between 9.8 and 10.2 usually.

Weight usually does seem to help. Just wanted to know if you guys prefer the wedge down or up.

I also want to see if anyone knows of a place that sells or manufactures lead plates. The water bags just take up so much space. Would love to get a few rubberized plates that weigh the sucker down. hahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 am 
Team Axis

I put mine down and fill the center as well. Very long wake. I run about 10.5 mph.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:02 pm 

I tried a few options yesterday on mine. filled the right side, full center/front. added a full 400 + 85 to the r/rear and a 400 on the frt right. it was really good, tall and long. the lighter guys really liked it, for me at 185 surfing it was great, but for some reason, unlike a 23lsv, or a nautique 211 or 236 i couldn't get it to hold me on my 360's.. i can't figure out what was different. wedge was down too btw. i'm going to load it down w/ weight and see what's what. the one thing i noticed that is different in the shape of the wave, the top of the "lip" is not a lip, it's smooth, like you shaved it down.. the funny thing it would push me back from a frt boardslide dropping all the way to the back of the wave... way back.. but damned if i could find the spot to hold me on a 3. i tried two boards; a LF custom 4'6'' and my walker project bullet 5'0'' we moved people around everywhere.. i think it just needs another couple hundred lbs in the back right.. running 10 or 10.2 mph

any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 pm 
Axis Owner

I would like to change what I stated here a while back, and had just my wife riding and me driving, and had the rear driver side filled with a 500 pound plug-n-play, and a 1000 pound on the rear seat, and then also filled the center tank, with, the Plate up. Boat drove a-lot better w/ the plate up, with better response to turns when fetching my downed rider, and the engine did not work as hard, and it seemed the wake had more push behind the board. Wake seem a bit longer to boot.

But I still want more weight. Going to get a few friends to come out next time. May also look into some Lead weights to place under the seat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:08 pm 

big change on my approach from before.. i filled the stock (front, center, and right rear) put a 300lb front right, 175 brick and 300 on right side seat, 1100 lbs in the rear locker.. i liked it best w/ the wedge up, but it good either way. Barefoot Inter. said the 1100 lb bag for the mailbu 247 can be set up in the axis :) to bad i have the 550's, looks like a upgrade for the future..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
Team Axis

I have found that the wake would not clean up if I had the wedge down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:24 pm 
Team Axis

Sdaxisrdr. Where do u live, san diego or is that south dakota? I have buddy that sells 50# lead bags out of his place here in canyon lake, ca. Also think he can ship them in the flat rate boxes, not sure if that still works. Let me know