It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hey guys... new to forum.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 pm 
Team Axis

Hey guys... Just joined the forum last week to continue my research on A22's for sale, and can't wait till i'm a brand new Axis owner. :D

I am dealing on a black and orange Vandall Edition in B.C. Canada and the dealer is asking 60k CAD for it. I think it is a little high because the boat was a "demo" last year and has about 25 hrs on it. Any of you have an idea of the offer I should present? Or where I should be looking to end up (price wise) at the end of negotiations? I am pretty sure it has all options available, including the 400HP motor.

http://www.winboats.com/winboats/river_city_marine/boatdetail/US-AWRA0668C111_2011-Axis-Axis-A22.html

Any input would be very much appreciated, and kudos to all of you for running such a good forum.

P.S. it's their last 2011

Post subject: Re: Hey guys... new to forum.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm 
Axis Owner

I have mine available for sale, it's a all Black 2011 A22 Vandall with 70 hours. Sell to get a 2012. E-mail me if you want somemore information. b.heinr@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:28 pm 
Team Axis

More info please:

1. how much do you have to pay in sales tax for that boat?
2. how much do you have to pay (in fees and tax) to bring a used US boat to canada?

Canadian Dollar and USD are almost 1:1, or real close. 60K is too much for that boat, but I hear that prices are inflated in canada. You can pick up the same boat here in the states for much less. I believe you should be able to pick one up with less than 100 hours (owner only hours, not "demo boat" hours which is MUCH different if you ask me) for $50k. There are a few 2011's lightly used for sale that I have seen. All of them look, or are, brand new. Whatever it cost in fuel and charges for bringing over a US boat is probably less than the $60k+ you will have to pay in canada.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:41 pm 

Hello, here in qbc you can get a 2011 for 55k approx. The only thing is since there not too much on the market there a lot of difference between asking price

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:59 pm 
Team Axis

Armada, is 55k the sticker price in your region?

johnnydefacto, I would consider importing if I could find the right boat for the right price. As for the "demo" boat... It sells as brand new and warranty doesn't start till the sale date... and they are easier to finance.

bdheinr, Thanks for the offer but my wife's only requirement is that the boat have some colour :)

I am hoping to score a good deal (maybe on the boat I pictured) in mid winter. I haven't even really started negotiating and the dealer just sent me an email that said the price has been reduced. Winter in Canada isn't exactly prime time for boat dealers if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all the input guys and I can't wait to bring home a new AXIS soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 pm 
Team Axis

In my opinion, I don't think the Canada deal is bad. Tricked out trailer, raptor engine, vandall package, and pnp bags included. Lots of options, except for the mirror...and I'm a fan of black/orange- lol.