It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Auto Volume Feature
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:20 pm 

I have a '13 A22 with Pack 2 and the auto volume feature worked perfect last year but so far is hit or miss this year. When it's supposed to turn up the volume, upon acceleration or higher RPM's, about half the time it causes the iphone to just go searching for another song. It will skip to 3 or 4 different songs during one acceleration. I haven't seen anything in the Sony manual where to change the settings or anything else on the boat.

Anyone else have any issues with it? Does it do the same thing with other sources (non Iphone) if not I may just switch to using something else as this problem is beyond frustrating.

Welcome any suggestions and happy boating.

Post subject: Re: Auto Volume Feature
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:52 am 
Boater

My 2013 does the same thing and it drives us nuts. I thought resetting the stereo helped but it did not. I ended up just disabling the feature, which now requires constant volume changes.

I had posted this issue last week and someone replied that for them, there was an ill fitting input to the stereo that needed some adjustment. I looked briefly at mine but don't know which input it was and they all seemed tight. But that reply seems like the best advice so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:54 am 
Boater

Oh and yes, it does it regardless of input. On radio it seeks the next station... Or three. On pandora it changes to iphone music list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:37 am 

Kyson, thanks what a bummer - it's great when it works. How did you disable the feature?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 am 
Boater

From the dash left hand gauge. Press both buttons at once until you access the main menu. Speed controlled volume is one of the first choices. Menu scroll with the left button and sub selections are made through the right button. Scroll to the end of the menu to exit.