It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I Need a First Hand Axis Experience
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:12 am 

I have been thinking about purchasing a new boat for the last year and have made it my mission to get behind as many boats as possible this summer. I would like to know if there is anyone in the Knoxville, TN area that would be willing to give me a pull and show me their boat. I have found this is a much better way to get to know a boat than looking at one with a salesperson hanging over your shoulder and telling you exactly what they think you want to hear. I currently own a 99 nautique and I wakeboard, surf and wakeskate. I am very curious about the performance of the wedge and stock ballast versus the extra plug and play ballast. I can meet you at the dock or on the water in my boat and either help pay for gas or trade time behind my boat.
I have to say the Axis boats are the best looking and most stylish on the water. Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: I Need a First Hand Axis Experience
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 am 
Team Axis

Most dealers will be glad to take you for a test drive if you just ask. Since you're in the Knoxville area I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from that will let you take a pull behind one. Just tell them you've done your homework and you don't want to hear any sales pitches, the best way to sell a boat is to take it out and take a ride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 am 
Team Axis

If you're considering buying used, I'll take you on a demo of my 2011. I'm in Chattanooga. (My '11 has the '12 platform, big motor, wetsounds system, tricked out trailer, vandal carpet, heater, z5, etc. etc. and 83 hours).

I'm sure http://www.greatwakesboating.com/ would take you out on a new one in Knoxville as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:20 am 
Team Axis

Chattwake wrote:
I'm sure http://www.greatwakesboating.com/ would take you out on a new one in Knoxville as well.

Great dealer, too! I got mine there, and got a FANTASTIC price. Brett took me out for a demo in either February or March, the water temp was 52 degrees (no towing, just driving the boat). Additionally, I swung by there Friday to pick up some stuff I had ordered, and they had one demo scheduled for that day, and two more on Saturday. The pictures I posted in the 2012 thread were from that visit. He has a few boats on hand.

I'm taking mine out tomorrow morning. Will have to check with my wife and her scheduled to see when I could take it out, again. Shoot me an e-mail to hlvngnr@yahoo.com with your phone number and name, and we'll see if we can find a way to get together. I keep the boat at Fox Road Marina.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 am 

Thanks everyone for reading my post and the replies. Chattwake you sure do have a fancy boat and I will keep it in mind. Everytime I have gone out with a dealer I always feel rushed and don't really feel like I get to explore the boat. I have also been told many false facts by people wanting to sell me a product. I don't know if they did it intentionally or were just mistaken, but when you go out with someone on their boat it is usually very easy going and you have time to take in some of the nuances of the boat and the wake. It is hard to tell if you like the wake in a five minute ride and usually you don't get to drive while you are towing someone because the dealer doesn't get in the water. We are going on a factory tour on Tuesday and I will really get to know the boat from top to bottom.
Congratulations to you guys for running such a friendly site.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:47 am 
Team Axis

If you want to call me to talk about the A22, mine or a new one, I shot you my phone number. I'll be glad to take you out on mine sometime, let you drive it, give you the run down, etc. I'm willing to make a hell of a deal on my boat, I'd like to move it before November.