It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need Audio Help! 2013, Sound Pack 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:11 pm 
Team Axis

I'll try to make this short...

The issue is with the interior boat speakers, they stopped working after I asked the dealer to fix the transom remote that quit working a few weeks ago. I got the boat back and transom remote, tower speakers, and sub all work fine but the interior speakers do not. When I fade to the front all I get is sub, when I fade to the rear it's towers only. No interiors on any fade setting.

When I raised the issue to my dealer, they told me to try swapping the rca's on the back of the head unit. They are labeled and look to be in the right spots. Guess I'm confused on why anything else needed to be touched other than the remote wire for the transom remote fix?

I was just on the phone with wetsounds but we weren't able to resolve over the phone. I think my next step is just going to a local audio shop which I'm trying to avoid if at all possible.

Any ideas? What would you check if you were me? My knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to audio systems like this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947190.653839.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947190.653839.jpg [ 351.4 KiB | Viewed 25624 times ]

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947174.287016.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947174.287016.jpg [ 385.63 KiB | Viewed 25624 times ]

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947151.921865.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404947151.921865.jpg [ 371.98 KiB | Viewed 25624 times ]

Post subject: Re: Need Audio Help! 2013, Sound Pack 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 am 
Team Axis

From what I can tell, you only have two sets of RCAs coming out of the rear of the head unit. You should have three sets. Is there a loose set that they might have accidentally forgot to plug back in? You should see a "front", "rear", and "sub" RCA cables plugged into the rear of the head unit. I only see two pair. Can you confirm the third pair?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:21 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
From what I can tell, you only have two sets of RCAs coming out of the rear of the head unit. You should have three sets. Is there a loose set that they might have accidentally forgot to plug back in? You should see a "front", "rear", and "sub" RCA cables plugged into the rear of the head unit. I only see two pair. Can you confirm the third pair?

Thanks for the reply man. The two sets of RCAs that you see are plugged into the Rear Audio Out and Front Audio Out ports. The first set of ports next to those are BUS Audio In, nothing is plugged into those ports. If you look to the left in the picture with the head unit, you should be able to see the third set of RCAs tied into the top Sub Out port, and you should also see the extra Aux In (female) RCAs that are capped off. It's hard to tell but you can see them in the bottom left corner of the picture.

This diagram is helping me make sense of how everything is hooked up:
http://www.manualowl.com/m/Sony/CDX-H910UI/Manual/59975

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 am 
Team Axis

I would reverse the RCAs that are connected to the front audio out port and the sub audio out port. There is a chance these wires were swapped during the transom remote replacement. The easiest way is to swap the two RCA cables on the top amplifier. Make sure the volume is low when you test them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am 
Team Axis

Do you happen to have a mini to RCA cable? You can use this cable to plug directly from your phone into your amps. This will isolate any problem with the head unit or RCA jacks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:47 am 
Team Axis

nastya20 wrote:
Do you happen to have a mini to RCA cable? You can use this cable to plug directly from your phone into your amps. This will isolate any problem with the head unit or RCA jacks.

I would do this suggestion before you do mine. This should definitely eliminate any amplifier issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 am 
Team Axis

Thanks nasty. I'll go buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable this afternoon and give it a try first. Dezul, I think you're right on the money and it matches with what my dealer told me to try as well. When I looked yesterday it appeared that the cables labeled 'Front' were plugged into the Front Audio In port, I will double check later today though.

Any chance that a setting on the amp was changed by accident? I'm not sure which channels should be bridged so don't want to go hitting buttons at random.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 am 
Team Axis

JayMan wrote:
Thanks nasty. I'll go buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable this afternoon and give it a try first. Dezul, I think you're right on the money and it matches with what my dealer told me to try as well. When I looked yesterday it appeared that the cables labeled 'Front' were plugged into the Front Audio In port, I will double check later today though.

Any chance that a setting on the amp was changed by accident? I'm not sure which channels should be bridged so don't want to go hitting buttons at random.

There is a chance that something was tossed into OB storage area changing a setting. If what we suggested doesn't work. Take a picture of the amplifier settings. There is a chance that the amp was switched out of "mono" mode and into stereo. But it is not likely cause you would still be getting music out of some speakers. I would think your problem would lie in the area were the dealer messed with the wiring.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm 
Team Axis

That was it! I swapped the Front Audio Out and Sub Out RCAs and everything works now. Thanks for the help fellas!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:07 pm 
Team Axis

JayMan wrote:
That was it! I swapped the Front Audio Out and Sub Out RCAs and everything works now. Thanks for the help fellas!

This forum is Awesome...!!! Glad you got it fixed.

2012 Axis A22