It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Axis A22 Wedge
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am 
Team Axis

I don't know exact speeds but I told wifey to hit surf speeds for a sec or two and then hit riding speeds. I used my old gopro, I guess I need to take my blk+ off my phantom and see if I can use the Wi-Fi to get better positioning for a clearer view I have some ideas that could work, but everything usually works in my head its when I try to do them is usually when I find problems .... lol

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 am 
Team Axis

I switched mine and I am going out today and to see if I can tell a difference... I ride a lot behind a power wedge as well. I don't think it will be any comparison to the power wedge because I do feel it is leaps and bounds better than the floating but the floating is great too in its own right. I'm just anxious to see because the OP's dealer that told him about it knows wake and knows these boats to the fullest.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:11 am 
Team Axis

Yes it does work and yes there is a BIG difference... I wish I had known this when I bought my boat 2 years ago... It took no more than 5min to change and I would say it is equivalent to the 3/4 setting on the power wedge which is the prime location.

Change it and you will see.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 am 
Team Axis

Dylan wrote:
Yes it does work and yes there is a BIG difference... I wish I had known this when I bought my boat 2 years ago... It took no more than 5min to change and I would say it is equivalent to the 3/4 setting on the power wedge which is the prime location.

Change it and you will see.

What did it change? Tell us about the wake.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 am 
Team Axis

When I changed mine last week it seemed to make my wake more "lippy" which is what I personally like. They best part about it is that it takes 5 mins to change. If you dont like the results, take 5 mins and change it back. Better to try and be surprised that not try it and wonder.

Putting the bolts in the lower setting will only allow the wedge to go so far forward. I agree with DYLAN, it make it seem like 3 click up on a power wedge setting.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 am 
Team Axis

ac88926 wrote:
When I changed mine last week it seemed to make my wake more "lippy" which is what I personally like. They best part about it is that it takes 5 mins to change. If you dont like the results, take 5 mins and change it back. Better to try and be surprised that not try it and wonder.

Putting the bolts in the lower setting will only allow the wedge to go so far forward. I agree with DYLAN, it make it seem like 3 click up on a power wedge setting.

I will test it out tomorrow when I hit the lake and see. I don't plan to put much more than factory ballast in with a little in the arrow to help firm it up.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 am 
Team Axis

I'm glad someone else finally confirmed this. I was refraining from saying anything until someone else chimed in and confirmed it. The wedge does not move when it's down if that was the case everyones boat would wheelie when your taking off. Just like when you don't put the power wedge all the way up.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 am 
Team Axis

No matter what ballast you run you will be able to tell the difference... You will be able to tell when trying to plane off and the wake gets even more lippy and overall much bigger... It's awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:05 am 
Team Axis

I cant load mine down yet because I only have 9 hrs on it, but I did notice a difference between the settings with just factory filled and wedge down.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:45 am 
Team Axis

looks like I am moving two bolts .......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next