It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stereo Pkg II Tuning
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:17 pm 
Team Axis

Got the boat and the the stereo was way out of whack. The one amp fornthe tower speakers was on mono, fixed that, but still dont have the gains or crossovers set properly. Anyone have time to shoot a pic of their amps to get the proper setup? Any other input would be good too. Which amp/channel runs the sub?

Post subject: Re: Stereo Pkg II Tuning
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:32 pm 
Team Axis

surprised you havent taken it back to the dealer to get corrected. since that should of been already done prior to getting the boat. just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:44 pm 

The TE604 (the larger amp) should be running the sub. On mine the rear two channels were bridged to the sub, with the front two channels running the tower speakers. The crossover for the sub was set at about 80hz. Also on our boat the radio had the bass boost cranked way up to +10db. I turned that down to 0 and adjusted the gains on the amp for the sub. I liked the way that sounded better. I'm not sure what the crossover was set at for the tower speakers as I had our dealer remove the tower speakers from our boat so I could do my own. I would guess a good starting point would be 100hz.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 am 
Team Axis

DustinA22Vandall wrote:
surprised you havent taken it back to the dealer to get corrected. since that should of been already done prior to getting the boat. just my 2 cents

Man, don't even start with that! haha. Been a nightmare so far. Got the boat 2 months late, missing half the stuff I ordered. I just needed to get it in the water. Will deal with everything else later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:47 am 
Team Axis

lakelife wrote:
The TE604 (the larger amp) should be running the sub. On mine the rear two channels were bridged to the sub, with the front two channels running the tower speakers. The crossover for the sub was set at about 80hz. Also on our boat the radio had the bass boost cranked way up to +10db. I turned that down to 0 and adjusted the gains on the amp for the sub. I liked the way that sounded better. I'm not sure what the crossover was set at for the tower speakers as I had our dealer remove the tower speakers from our boat so I could do my own. I would guess a good starting point would be 100hz.

AWESOME response! That will definitely help me get it sorted. It has a low pass and high pass crossover, been way too many years from the car stereo days for me to remember how/what they do, when you say the 100hz, I assume that is low pass?????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm 

Make sure you have low pass enabled for the sub and high pass enabled for the tower speakers. This will basically stop the tower speakers from playing music below 100hz. Also if you think your amp settings are messed up I would verify that your input sensitivity is set to X1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:38 am 
Team Axis

lakelife wrote:
Also if you think your amp settings are messed up I would verify that your input sensitivity is set to X1.

lskelife,

why x1? i have mine x10 but things keep blowing. Though when i put it to x1 there is next to no sound....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 am 

I rechecked the manual. You definitely want to be using x1. x10 is for when you are using speaker wires as your input. I would check to make sure you have your gain set correctly on x1. If you still aren't hearing anything there is probably something wrong with the amp. Here is the link to the owners manual.

http://files.mitekusa.com/pmsys/F090915150154411f6e.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 am 
Team Axis

Check out the document below which has the correct factory settings for your stereo. Axis sent this to me directly when I had issues with my settings.

http://sprfrkr.com/Axis_Stereo_Amp_Settings.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:30 am 
Team Axis

SUPER helpful! thanks!