It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A24 1st weekend speed control isssue
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:38 am 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
Hmmmm, how did your dealer get ahold of an older software tach if they did in fact order a "new" tach? Just seems weird.

They had one in stock and the service manager asked a tech from the Axis plant if it was the newest. The tech told him yes, it was. So they installed it on my boat. The service manager then went out and tested my boat to see if it was fixed. Since he didn't recalibrate the speedo, it gave the appearance of being fixed. Then I took the boat out and noticed it was pulling me fast compared to how I normally ride. The wake felt smaller despite me filling the ballast to my normal levels. I then calibrate the speedo to correct this. Once I calibrated it, I noticed the boat doing the same thing as before. I call the service manager and let him know the issue.

I dropped my boat off last week to get them to resolve the issue again and the service manager does a little more research into the issue only to discover he in fact, did not put the most up-to-date tach in. So they ordered one and now I have to wait for it to come in from California. The local plant wouldn't provide one to the dealer. In the mean time, while I am waiting, I am still able to use my boat. It isn't a big deal since I live 15 miles from the dealer. Hopefully I will hear something back this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:21 pm 
Team Axis

So our 2014 A22 is having this same issue now. Didn't seem to do it when we first took delivery but has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks. We set it at 21mph and it bounces between 23 and 19. Seems to be worse as you set for higher speed. It's at the dealer now and they are calling Malibu tomorrow. Hopefully they get ahold of whoever is dealing with this. My dealer says we are the first for Idaho and Malibu hasn't sent out a bulletin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 am 
Team Axis

Just an update. I got my tach switched out yesterday. The Rev you want is Rev C. It should be dated with a 2014 on it. My new tach had 5\24\2014 on the sticker. The tach is pretty easy to remove if people want to check theirs. It should be two small nuts up under the dash.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am 
Team Axis

I was able to test out my new tach this weekend. It definitely resolved the issue. It works perfect now. I am glad the issue has finally been laid to rest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:43 am 
Team Axis

I think I might have the same issue. I took delivery of a new T22 and I went for a dinner cruise with the wife and it was acting crazy. I had it set for our normal wake boarding speed of 21 and it surged as high as 25 and then dropped to 19 for several seconds. granted there was a little chop out but not enough that I thought it would have affected it. They wife says that when she is pulling me that it never holds steady, aways fluctuating by at least .5-1mph. is that normal? I am not sure how all this stuff works together but doesn't the speedo/tach get its info from either the GPS or paddle wheel? I have the GPS so how do I know that I am using GPS for speed info? should I just pop the paddle wheel off and install the plug that came with the boat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 am 
Team Axis

Fishn4four wrote:
I think I might have the same issue. I took delivery of a new T22 and I went for a dinner cruise with the wife and it was acting crazy. I had it set for our normal wake boarding speed of 21 and it surged as high as 25 and then dropped to 19 for several seconds. granted there was a little chop out but not enough that I thought it would have affected it. They wife says that when she is pulling me that it never holds steady, aways fluctuating by at least .5-1mph. is that normal? I am not sure how all this stuff works together but doesn't the speedo/tach get its info from either the GPS or paddle wheel? I have the GPS so how do I know that I am using GPS for speed info? should I just pop the paddle wheel off and install the plug that came with the boat?

I would probably just take the tach out and see what the sticker says as to what rev you have. It seems like my speed stays within .5 mph with the new tach now. Have you checked the menu yet to see if it has the option to let you switch from gps to paddlewheel?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am 
Team Axis

I looked at the menu and there is nothing. I'll pop the tach this afternoon and see.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm 
Team Axis

I was able to peek up under the dash and see the tach and it's a Rev. B. I also saw a toggle switch for the paddle wheel.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:25 pm 
Team Axis

Fishn4four wrote:
I was able to peek up under the dash and see the tach and it's a Rev. B. I also saw a toggle switch for the paddle wheel.
Get rev C. It will make you happy. It is a huge difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 pm 
Team Axis

Talked to my dealer and I have the tach that's causing the problems. Duh I told them :) axis is sending the new one. Hope it gets here soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next