It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A24 1st weekend speed control isssue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:36 pm 

How long does it take to get the new gauge? I've been waiting on mine for a month already. Dealer says they have not received them yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 pm 
Team Axis

Bssteven wrote:
How long does it take to get the new gauge? I've been waiting on mine for a month already. Dealer says they have not received them yet.

Had mine in less than a week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 pm 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
LNDSY3 wrote:
Just want to update this as the new gauge was a NIGHT and DAY difference!!!

I got my 14 a22 in march and quickly noticed the cruise was 3-4 miles an hour off from set point to actual speed, the cruise would not engage unless you overshot the set point by 2-3 miles and hour ( total pain with rookie riders, scares the hell out of them), and speed did not hold steady and would vary 1-2 miles per hour. My old boats all had old school perfect pass. I was really disappointed with the speed control

Until my new gauge showed up on Friday. Got it installed on sunday morning and took it out. AMAZING is all I have to say. no calibration at all and speed was dead on (both set point and actual), I did not have to overshoot at all to get it to engage and it engaged so much faster. Speed will vary 1-2 tenths of a mph (YES is said TENTHS of a MPH) I absolutely love the boat now and it made having the boat out easy and relaxing. Rookie drivers can now easily drive and not be stressed. My wife has been driving boats for 5 years and was blown away how much better it was with just a new gauge.

Just my advise, even if you are an excellent driver and can work around the old gauge and deal with its inaccuracies why would you. These are $70K boats and should drive like a $70K boats.

Big shout out to Tilly's Marine. I asked about the new gauge and they got it out to me in less than a week and I'm in California. Nice job guys!!! Loving my AXIS now!!!

I have noticed my boat does that too. My Actual speed is always 2mph faster than my set speed. My Actual speed is calibrated and reads the correct speed. Do you think I need the new guages?

I doubt it...most of us with 2014's with gauge issues were having surging issues in which the cruise control was not holding speed and the actual speed was fluctuating NOT that the gauge was not accurate. However, if you can convince your dealer to replace it...go for it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 am 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
dezul wrote:
LNDSY3 wrote:
Just want to update this as the new gauge was a NIGHT and DAY difference!!!

I got my 14 a22 in march and quickly noticed the cruise was 3-4 miles an hour off from set point to actual speed, the cruise would not engage unless you overshot the set point by 2-3 miles and hour ( total pain with rookie riders, scares the hell out of them), and speed did not hold steady and would vary 1-2 miles per hour. My old boats all had old school perfect pass. I was really disappointed with the speed control

Until my new gauge showed up on Friday. Got it installed on sunday morning and took it out. AMAZING is all I have to say. no calibration at all and speed was dead on (both set point and actual), I did not have to overshoot at all to get it to engage and it engaged so much faster. Speed will vary 1-2 tenths of a mph (YES is said TENTHS of a MPH) I absolutely love the boat now and it made having the boat out easy and relaxing. Rookie drivers can now easily drive and not be stressed. My wife has been driving boats for 5 years and was blown away how much better it was with just a new gauge.

Just my advise, even if you are an excellent driver and can work around the old gauge and deal with its inaccuracies why would you. These are $70K boats and should drive like a $70K boats.

Big shout out to Tilly's Marine. I asked about the new gauge and they got it out to me in less than a week and I'm in California. Nice job guys!!! Loving my AXIS now!!!

I have noticed my boat does that too. My Actual speed is always 2mph faster than my set speed. My Actual speed is calibrated and reads the correct speed. Do you think I need the new guages?

I doubt it...most of us with 2014's with gauge issues were having surging issues in which the cruise control was not holding speed and the actual speed was fluctuating NOT that the gauge was not accurate. However, if you can convince your dealer to replace it...go for it

Dezul- your boat is under warranty. You have an inaccurate gauge that cannot be calibrated. A new gauge fixes that issue as well as other issues (even If you don't have all issues you have one, I would guess you have more you just may not be aware of them until you have a properly working speed control) Contact your dealer if they give you any resistance call AXIS corporate. The squeaky wheel ALWAYS gets the oil.

Just my opinion- The same programming is in every gauge for all 2014 models built until a given date ( I don't know when or if they are installing newly programed gauges on new boats) given that if every boat has the same crappy gauge the only variables are engine, prop, and driver. I have the 350 with a 1235 prop and mine was annoying as hell. If someone has the 330 engine and the 2315 prop they probably aren't experiencing the same effects of the poor programming. The question is do you really believe only some boats have the issue and others are good??? Working on the automotive side I see this all day every day. The same programming on any given computer (PCM, ABS, TRAC, etc) in a specific year model car has the same programming (unless they had to incorporate a fix on the assembly line mid model year to fix a known issue). Some customers complain and get the new programming. Others complain and tech's are to lazy or don't think they get paid enough to do warranty programming and tell the customer its normal or "cant duplicate the concern" because they don't think its worth their time and the customer gets nothing fixed. Third scenario the customer that never complains because they are not sensitive to the issues or simply don't give a crap. They all have the same issue its just how its dealt with, or isn't.

here is a fun read, while not the exact same issue sounds some what familiar? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31&hilit=gauge&start=30

But I'm sure someone will prove me wrong just for arguments sake :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:54 am 
Team Axis

Looks a nice boat mcmiller
just a couple of minor questions
when you got your new boat, did the board rack and speaker covers come with it
we get eaten by the salt here and i need to keep them covered as much as i can when i get my new boat
also, what are you using as your rear fender there where it is tied to the dock?
cheers mate

And a few other options!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:50 pm 
Team Axis

Ok...I subscribed to this thread a while back and have been waiting to see the out come. I have a new T22 that I picked up in may, but due to work or of my home state, I just finally put enough hours this weekend to get the 20 hour service done today.
This is my first tow boat and of course an Axis, and I'm trying to figure out if I have this problem.
Here is what I noticed so far...and take this with a grain of salt since I have no experience with these boats...
When I take off with the cruise set at wake board speeds, it sends to vary a lot on how much throttle I need to give for the cruise to pick up and take me to speed.
When I turn hard like a180 to go backthe other way with the cruise set at wakeboard or any other speed, it doesn't hold the speed and takes a very long time to come back up to speed. I've tried it in RPM mode as well speed mode with the same result.
I have the 350 motor with a Cinco prop. I'm not loading the boat with weight yet or using the wedge. Does that sound normal? I check the gage firmware in the settings and it's from 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 pm 
Team Axis

When I accelerate with cruise on, I give the boat full throttle. Then the computer has the ability to use as much throttle as it needs to control speed. If you only give it half or 3/4 throttle, then that's the most the computer can use to get you up to speed in varying water conditions or after a turn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 pm 
Team Axis

Ahhhh....that makes more sense. That is contrary to how the dealer told me to drive it. He told me to give the minim amount to get to the speed you want. He said that I should save some throttle for maneuvering if needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 pm 
Team Axis

What your dealer said works a little on older boats with a throttle cable, but doesn't really work at all on drive by wire like ours are. If you do it the way your dealer said, even if you punch the throttle later you will barely feel it. Plus if you load the boat like many of us do, you need full throttle to plane.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:25 am 
Team Axis

I dropped my boat off yesterday to have this issue resolved. I verified with Malibu Tech support before taking it to the dealership. Tech support said the tachometer needed to be replaced. Can anyone confirm the tach guage needs to be replaced and not the speedometer guage?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next