It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New stereo, I've got some questions!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm 
Team Axis

I just posted this on WW, but for those of you with input that dont get on there, I'd love some advice. Im awaiting my new Axis A22 that should be arriving at the end of September. Im trying to figure out what I want to do with my stereo system. I wanted to do wetsounds 808s off an SD6 but I think they are to big. It looks like there is no room to even make the cutouts bigger. Any input on that? If they wont fit, I'll just be going with 3 pairs of xs 650s. On the tower will be a pair of Rev 10s, with a Rev 410 in the middle. I am wanting to either go with 12w7s, or 12 XXXv2. Im wanting to power each sub off an SD2, so since the w7 is a 3 or 1.5 ohm speakers, Im not sure I could even use it since the SD2 is 4 ohm mono. Ok so my main question is, is there enough room to fit a ported box in the OB compartment, and under the helm and be able to still net the 1.78 cubic ft in the box? Which would be the best way to fire each sub? The stock sub comes in the OB compartment facing the chillax seating. So would identical boxes, each pointing towards the chillax seating be ideal? Would it be best to fire the sub towards the hull? Down firing? I'd love to do something with a plexiglass front on the box under the helm at least. Is there even room to put a properly ported box in the OB compartment? I'd have a lot more of these answers if my dealer had some A22's in stock, but they dont. Im just trying to get some ideas on the best sub locations and box ideas. I do want 2 subs tho. I've also thought about mounting them in the skybox seating if that would even be a possibility

Post subject: Re: New stereo, I've got some questions!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 pm 
Team Axis

I did the xs 650's with REV 3some.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=455

An SD2 should have more than enough power for a 12" XXX. I'd look at the ported box Wetsounds has in the pdf for the XXX. http://www.wetsounds.com/media/products ... losure.pdf. I've been wanting to upgrade to this and will probably pull the trigger
in the fall.

You could do a custom vented panel to cover the front. Here's a friend that did that on his Tige
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793133

Installing the sub in the driver footwell, you'll get the most sound. If you stick the sub in the port locker, you'll have to open the access panel to hear anything.