It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: All I have is Problems!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 am 
Axis Owner

I'm starting to get very frustrated with my 2011 Axis A22 Vandall with 57 hrs. All I seem to have are problems, seems like I'm always waiting on parts or the boat is at the dealer. First I would like to say that the dealer that I'm working with is great and I know they are doing everything that they can do to help me so it's not their fault that one thing after another keeps breaking. I have had countless issues, the heater hose under the drivers seat was not hooked up, the handle ripped out of the rear compartment (wasn't screwed into the plastic or wood it was just in the vinyl), I'm currently waiting for my third amp for the subwoofer (first 2 blew), so the dealer can install the third amp and then rewire the entire tower because it seems to have a short (actually have been waiting three weeks so far). My deck trac has a bunch of pieces missing and the dealer told me they are on order, hard starting issues which ended up being a new tach that was re-calibrated (had to wait over a week for that, after having the issue for 2 weeks), now today I had to come off the water on my vacation last week to bring the boat in for no power and the service engine alarm is on again. The recalibrated the engine and that fixed most of the no power issues but now i can't go over 35 mph's when i could easily get about 46 out of it before. On top of all of my issues I received a second degree burn on my chest from the front light (which doesn't have a caution hot decal anywhere near it), silly me for thinking it was LED like everthing else in the boat! Im getting very tired of having issue after issue and don't know if I just got a lemon or I just have bad luck. If I keep having issues I will be getting rid of this boat and getting something else, hate to say that but I can't afford to keep having this many issues, especially because my season is so short in Northern Illinois as it is, and not to mention that I paid almost $60,000.

Post subject: Re: All I have is Problems!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 pm 
Team Axis

Sounds like you need to go get a lottery ticket too! With the July I'm having things can only get better from here...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:57 pm 
Axis Owner

Thanks what i'm thinking!!! I guess the only way there is to go is up, don't think it could get much worse!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:24 pm 
Team Axis

Well just so you don't feel left out I too had the tach issue and still have the service message pop up if you don't start the engine just right, I already replaced the tower speakers due to an installation defect that I found in the mounting hardware, my amp also fried due to the tower speakers, haven't been able to get it replaced under warranty yet, I just went and bought 2 separate amps, 1 for tower and 1 for the sub, had to take it in for the prop shaft seal leaking, which wouldn't be a big deal but the dealer is 150 miles away, also have the doors over the engine compartment rubbing the center cupholder and it has worn holes in the vinyl, but other than these little things the boat is running like a champ, dealer is really trying to get me taken care of and matt bishop is also a really big help, I really can't complain too much because the first few years of any new model are always going to have a few bugs, I love this boat and unless it breaks in half or something ridiculous like that I hope I can keep this one for a long time!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 pm 
Boater

Bdheinr...I have had problems as well...Dead ECM after one hour. The dealer says Indmar wont cover it. I finally reached someone at Indmar and hope to get this resolved. I also had problems with a tower speaker, but it was a wet sounds speaker that the dealer installed, got that fixed last week and now I noticed one of the front MTX speakers is blown. They are on different AMPS so not sure how this happened. The thing that keeps pissin me off is that stuff keeps getting blamed on me.

Was on the way home from the lake last night and got out to fill up with gas and noticed that one of the side marker lights on the trailer just fail out. Did hit anything it was just gone!!!!

I too am getting tired of this and thinking I made the wrong purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 pm 
Team Axis

On the in boat speakers what I noticed that all 6 were wired to the front channel of the amp, what I did was get some RCA splitters and hook up the front and rear channel of the amp, the 4 speakers in the rear of the boat were already bridged together on two sets of wires so I put them on the front channel, then I hooked up the 2 front speakers on the rear channel so they get a little more power, and they sound amazing with the 500 watts on the tower and 500 more to the sub, just remember guys these boats are all hand built right here in the USA and noone is perfect, I bought mine fully expecting I would need to do a little tuning on the stereo system, I'm just glad it wasn't assembled by a robot or a 10 year old in china.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:55 pm 
Team Axis

Oh and maybe someone jacked your light? The rubber grommets usually do a pretty good job of keeping the lights in place.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm 
Boater

Thanks for the info...btw...you been one of the only people to reply on these threads about horror stories...thanks for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:47 pm 
Team Axis

Well I just want to let some of you guys out there know what I have done to resolve some of the little issues. It is so hard to just up and leave town for a day during the week to get to the dealer, that and if you think about it costing 300$ in diesel to go to the dealer twice it really makes more sense for me to try everything I can to resolve any problems myself if it's at all possible.... after the tach thing started acting up I bought a 600$ scan tool just so I could monitor everything with the engine, do I use it very often,... no, but Its because I know its just a software issue with the depth finder transducer, is it cool to have, absolutely.... but not needed. I have lost count of the hours I have in trying out different hose routing on the ballast and pnp, and I have spent a few hours stuffed in the little hole under the glove box in a 110 degree shop sweating so much I had my own private wet t-shirt contest with myself, and I won!! But I would do it all over again because now my ballast works perfect the way I want it to, and my stereo sounds crystal clear and can almost make your ears bleed. I was really close to spending 4k on some wetsounds but I like mine the way it is with just a little fine tuning, and separate amps for the tower and sub. My wife will even admit that it's day and night difference from the way it sounded before. She looks forward to riding in the front of the boat because the speakers sound sooo much better now that they have the right amount of power to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:18 pm 
Team Axis

Oh and try not to think of it as horror stories,.... think of it as the consumers silently building a better boat. The guys at axis read some of these forums and i'm sure some of the issues we find they look into and think what can we (axis) do to make this a better boat.

The '11 models already have redesigned tower speakers, pre-installed check valve on the front bag, bigger amp for the in-boat speakers, flip up door under the glove box and the cross section support removed for easier access to the compartment, a handy step to sit on by the swim deck and an ad on ski pylon, underwater lights, room for a cooler under the right rear seat, like adam said in the promo vids "we're just getting started"
they're listening guys!!!!

now just an fyi to the axis guys try out the Orion xtr5002 on the tower, the RMS rating on that amp is almost an exact match to what the MTX speakers need, and the Orion cobalt 500.1 on the sub......WOW also the mtx te400 still sounds great on the interior just use all 4 channels