It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Axis problems right from the factory
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 am 
Team Axis

bmill6154 wrote:
Your right...talking about a law suit on the internet wont do me any good...just makes me feel better, but it will be followed through if Indmar/Axis don't take care of me.

The thing that burns me is how these companies making millions of dollars would rather piss their customer off and blame the customer than pay for an ECM that prob costs them $300. I have not even started to talk about this on any other site but here, but imagine the damage it could do to their reputation. If I can get one person to not buy one boat thats a pretty hard hit in their pocket.

Anyway....like I said...at this point I m just waiting to see what they say before I go further with anything. Even if they do pay for the part it still leaves a really bad taste in my mouth as I already paid money just to get my boat back in a reasonable time. They have us in between a rock in a hard place when it comes to warranty work.

LOL... I see where this is going. I am out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:34 pm 
Team Axis

Just have to jump in this thread for posterity's sake and add the delivery issues on my boat. I do love Axis though. My dealer? Not so much. I've now resorted to going through Bakes for my parts.

Issues on Delivery:
- Cruise control switch was backwards (up-down/down-up). Easy fix.
- Interior lights were mis-matched, white and red. I ordered white only.
- Port side graphic missing. They claimed they ordered two starboard.
- No bolster seat. Ordered using the PDF output from the website which has the seat clearly marked.
- TWO months later than estimated delivery date.

Love the boat though!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Every new boat from every company is going to have some issues. I have never heard of a boat owner that did not have a few problems from the start. I have been in 10 new boats since 2008 and every boat I have had to have a few things fixed. Work with your local dealer and hopefully they can get all your issues cleared up. I can honestly say that having a good local dealer makes it 100% better when dealing with new boat issues.

I never put new boardshorts on seats in any boat. If they are wet they can run. Same with vests. If any clothing has not been worn and been thru the wash a few times I make people put down a towel. Even clothing from big name brands can have some bleed so just be careful. Always keep some towels on the boat... it happens.

the ECM problem... let me know how that works out. I hope that you can get it resolved. The whole blame game can suck because everyone can point the finger since there was some work done with the extra battery. If it were my dealership(which I do not own a dealership) I would have just changed it out for you because in the long run with the service, winterizations and other purchases you would potentially buy I would make up for it in the long run...and maybe even sell you another Axis or Malibu down the road in a few seasons. From the sound of it you will probably not be buying another boat from your current dealer now no matter what.

again... hope it gets resolved for you but in the mean time if your boat is up and running.. go out and enjoy some water time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 am 
Team Axis

If you hook up a battery backwards, it won't necessarily fry wiring or anything. I swapped the battery in my wife's GX470 a few weeks back. Long story short, I wasn't paying attention and put the new battery in the tray backwards, so when I when to hook up the terminals, I touched them to the posts backwards. I realized what I had done in a out .02 seconds. However, it blew about 20 fuses and fried a few internal components. I fixed it all myself, but it was a biatch. I read up some stories on line where other people had done the same thing and had toasted their ecms.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 pm 

67KING- The wires were color coded BUT they were all mixed up... I just did it by trial an error. Im just glad they wired the really important stuff correctly. I also used the 'unused' side of one of the acc. switches to power the transom underwater lights all by themselves. If you do much night riding- We poped off the top switch covers and put a drop of black fingernail polish where the light shines through(indicating the switch is on) This reduced the light by 80% No more being blind at 3 am :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm 
Team Axis

I would of thought warranty would have covered the ECM myself. I would have went down swinging on that one.