It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis problems right from the factory
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am 

Hey everyone I just got my axis a20 after a long 17 week wait and am kinda disappointed in the quality of build. Dockin lights won't work. Crack in the transom and hole punctures in the back of two of the seats. My friend sat in the playpen wet and his shorts bled into the vinyl and ruined it. Does anyone know if warranty would cover this? Just my opinion but I think its dumb to have to sit on towels everytime I wanna take my boat out. Anyone else have any problems like this or delt with warranty stuff. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Axis problems right from the factory
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 pm 

I side with ya on the lights not working etc. Warranty will cover this. When I got my axis , the transum lights were not connected to the wireing harness and the underseat lighting was wired on the same switch as the interior lights??? Seems quality control needs a meeting. I just fixed it all myself so I wouldn't have to put it in shop for a tear. As far as the shorts bleeding on the vinyl, I doubt they will do anything. some clothing and even lifevest will for some reason bleed and stain items. This is not because of poor quality vinyl rather a poor quality clothing. I still love the boat though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:35 pm 
Team Axis

You should work though your dealer on these, but if not for some reason; you can email claims@axiswake.com they should have the form you need. I had a seat seam blowout and they were quick to send me a custom replacement skin. Better than original new.

Good luck, enjoy, and welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 pm 
Team Axis

I agree that quality control could really benefit from a "pep talk". My red/green nav lights do not work and one LED does not work, also had 2 cushions with tears from the factory. These are all fixable as are most of yours.

As for the vinyl, I think your dealer may have missed the boat on that one. When I took delivery, my dealer went over everything and talked a lot about the vinyl. He warned that new clothes, vest, boardshorts, towels and other materials should never be allowed on the boat until they are washed a few times. He also warned about screen printing on the back of shirts and girls shorts/sweats, that they may stick and leave a permanent logo on the vinyl. He mentioned girls lotions and body sprays, as well as glitter, should be kept off the boat. We are buying a few white bath towels to keep on the boat and will not allow guests/riders to bring towels with them.

good luck with it all... fix the items to get the boat functional and go enjoy it for the summer, then worry about the rest of it when its too cold to ride :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 am 
Team Axis

treedoc2000 wrote:
When I got my axis , the transum lights were not connected to the wireing harness and the underseat lighting was wired on the same switch as the interior lights???...................I still love the boat though.

My transom lights are wired with the interior lights. When I asked my dealer about this, the response was that was how it was supposed to be. I'm skeptical, but whatever.

When you rewired yours, do you recall if the wiring was color coded, and if so, what color the transom light wiring was?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 pm 
Boater

Reply...I got one better...my A20 ran for 1 hr and the ECM crapped out and because I changed the battery they are blaming me saying I hooked it up backwards. The thing they cant explain is how nothing else blew up in the boat.

When you have electronics and you hook a battery up backwards you will have burnt wires and all kinds of other stuff. This is not over though...I paid up front for a new ECM because I wanted to enjoy my boat this summer...but they (Indmar) has the blown ECM and are supposed to be testing it. Its been like over a month now and I have not heard anything about it yet, but its go time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm 
Team Axis

How much was the new computer?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm 
Team Axis

I have quite few friends that own various brands of boats and each have their issues. Most of the Axis issues are pretty minor. Axis has been extremely helpful when I have had concerns or questions. Yes, I did have a warranty issue that took some time to fix. My dealer set expectations on the amount of time it took to get fixed but it was completed. Was it an inconvenience, yes. But overall the pre and post purchase of the Axis was a very good experience.

It really sucks that the ECM went out on your boat (I would be pissed) but I am not sure threatening to take someone to small claims court on the internet is going to get you results - especially since its only been a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:57 pm 
Boater

Your right...talking about a law suit on the internet wont do me any good...just makes me feel better, but it will be followed through if Indmar/Axis don't take care of me.

The thing that burns me is how these companies making millions of dollars would rather piss their customer off and blame the customer than pay for an ECM that prob costs them $300. I have not even started to talk about this on any other site but here, but imagine the damage it could do to their reputation. If I can get one person to not buy one boat thats a pretty hard hit in their pocket.

Anyway....like I said...at this point I m just waiting to see what they say before I go further with anything. Even if they do pay for the part it still leaves a really bad taste in my mouth as I already paid money just to get my boat back in a reasonable time. They have us in between a rock in a hard place when it comes to warranty work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
Boater

Walter...new comp was like $680...that was the dealer supposedly giving me a deal (WINK WINK). I asked them when I picked up the boat why they were giving me a deal if they actually thought I damaged the ECM?