It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis specific ice chest
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 pm 
Team Axis

My local Axis dealer carries these, but you can order directly from the manufacturer also. Search for "Composite Craft" of facebook. Not sure the cost - I just found out about them today.

Post subject: Re: Axis specific ice chest
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 pm 
Team Axis

That cooler was posted up here not too long ago. IMO it's way too pricey for a cooler with no lid. I personally would not want all that moisture condensing on the bottom of the seat. Furthermore, I do not believe its insulated so there would be significant ice melt (maybe not all of ice) to have cold ice water sloshing around. I believe the designer said the ice keeps all day. I just have a hard time believing that the ice could last all day for me in Texas. Reason I say this is because the seat is the lid. If you want something from the cooler you have to take the entire seat off or if it lifts up (don't see this being easy since our seats do not have hinges) then all the cool air inside is gone and now 100+ degree air is now trying to compete with the ice. This is just my opinion on this and like I said in the first post of this cooler insert...I appreciate the effort and thoughts to even trying to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 pm 
Team Axis

Ah, I just found the link. Didn't realize Composite Craft was actually a posting member on this site.

It does have a brass fitting with a drain into the bilge, but you're right - it's not insulated. The lid isn't that big of a deal, you have to lift the lid on any ice chest and the seat could double as the lid. $249 isn't that outragous, but it is more than I want to spend really...

I keep the Axis branded soft cooler in that same spot myself. That's a bigger pain to lift the seat and then unzip that cooler...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
Team Axis

$249 for $5 worth of molded plastic with a drain is crazy. The soft cooler works fine for me.

Zak
2011 A22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm 
Team Axis

I strap my soft cooler to the swim platform... who wants to have to actually get in the boat to get a beer, right? Holds ice all afternoon, even in the TX heat.

Now if I could just get a boat with a grill to show up to the sand bar....

18 Monterey 278SSC