It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:00 pm 
Team Axis

How many intake holes do you have below? I have the pnp and have 2 pump intake holes (2 pumps), then 2 drain pumps. You would have to Y the connection and it would be slow filling, but I don't see a problem with it. Same thing with the drain pump and vent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm 
Team Axis

You know theoretically it could be done but it will be a hassle working through such a small opening, you would need to order a front bag with the fittings NOT glued in. Install the fittings one in the lower rear, one in the top front, top rear put a plug that you can use to burp air out of the bag. Remove the footwell under the helm and locate the anti siphon loop bolted up high on the left side below the dash, remove the hose going to the tank and hook it up to the rear lower port on the bag, then run a hose from the anti siphon loop to the top of the bag, for routing the hoses you would need to make a hole for the 2 to pass through right below the cushion next to the driver seat, it would probably take some time to fill and drain both but it can be done like the rear if you don't want to put more holes in the bottom of the boat.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:22 pm 
Team Axis

fireman: walters option is a good one, but there is a second option too.

set it up to have the overflow of center hard tank fill the pnp bag. Take the footwell cover out and take the overflow hose off from the bib going out of the hull. run this hose straight up to the lower connection on pnp bag. (you may need to drll a hole in the floor under the chilax seats to run this overflow hose into the pnp compartment. if you do, cut the hole as close to the pnp bags low connection as possible. this is important because this overflow line will be your pnp drain line and or fill line). Next, run a hose from farthest forward top connection on pnp bag down into the footwell and connect it to the open vent line bib. this will be your vent line for both the hard tank and pnp.

At this point you COULD be done. the system SHOULD work without adding anything else, but you may need to test it. As the hard tank fills, water will overflow into the bottom of the pnp sack. when you go to drain the system, the pnp sack water will backflow into the hard tank and be pumped out. This is how my rears are set up, as well as Eds rears. You may run into the same problem ed and I ran into with our rears.... as the pressure of the water builds in the sack above the hard tank and pump, the empty pump cannot hold back all the pressure and water started to flow out of the empty hose out of the boat. Ed and I just put ball valves inline on the empty hose, keeping this valve closed when filling. I have a feeling that trying to fill a 950 lbs sack through a 500 lbs hard tank will result in the same problem we experienced.

this problem can be solved with a single inline ball valve that would have to be closed when filling, and opened when emptying. This means you will need to put it somewhere it can be easily accessible and I do not have location recomendation for you. doing it this way will leave you with a pnp opening on top that will need to be plugged.

The other fix, that would be completely hands off when filling or emptying is this: on the hard tank overflow line as it comes up through the floor into the pnp bag, split it with a "y". take one of the lines and run it to the top connection on the pnp bag. this will be your fill line and will not need to worry about the pressure forcing water past the empty pump. on the second line connected to the "y", put a one way valve in line and connect that to the bottom of the pnp bag. the valve needs to be placed so that it will allow water to drain out of the bag. this way, when you fill your hard tank, it overflows into the top of the pnp bag, the one way valve at the y will prevent water from going into the sack at the bottom. when it is time to empty the ballast, the drain pump will empty the hard tank and the pnp sack will gravity drain out of the pnp bag, through the one way valve, and into the hard tank.

both these options are very close in set up, but I think that the 2nd option will be a little bit cheaper and it will not require turning a valve everytime you want to fill or empty.

i hope this makes sense...it makes sense in my head :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:02 pm 
Team Axis

I just bought A22 2012 first one it is set up with the plug and play. I would like to add the 950 front bag and the 2/750 rear bags. I have the high alt. prop from the factory will this work or will I need to upgrade it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm 
Team Axis

That prop will likely work. What altitude are you at?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:06 pm 
Team Axis

Sea level Atlanta,GA.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm 
Team Axis

im having a problem with my front bags filling up as im just driving have you heard of this or is there something i can do to stop this. i haven't changed anything from the way its installed from factory

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:33 pm 
Team Axis

What year do you have? 2010's and earlier do not have a check valve on the fill line. I had a problem with the water draining back out though there after turning off the pump.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm 
Team Axis

2011/12 I got literally the last 11 of assembly line so it has 11 externally but interior wise it's a 12

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 pm 
Team Axis

I noticed mine tends to swell up too even with the check valve, best thing to do is just reach in the access door and close the ball valve after it fills. Unless you have the time to use one of the left over anti-siphon valves from the rear pnp, pull the footwell under the drivers side dash and install it near the one for the front tank, then run more hoses to hook it to the bag and pump. I'd have already done this but I have a huge speaker box in my footwell and removing it isn't really top on my list right now, that and I hate taking out screws that currently stay in place, and I have to remove the seat to get it out. I'll do a write up on it as soon as my sub shakes all of the screws loose on the current footwell enclosure. Until then I'll just close the valve when it gets full.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next