It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:40 am 
Team Axis

Sweet!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 am 

What purpose does the check vavle have going to the front. Has any heard of the amce 2079 prop. Would anyone use this prop or would another one. Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm 
Team Axis

The check valve keeps the front bag from draining back out through the pump, it's not really necessary if you close the ball valve after filling the bag, just makes it more convenient, and it's only needed on the '09-'10 models, the '11 has one factory installed, never heard of that prop but maybe someone will chime in with some info on it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am 
Team Axis

Great write up walter! I just had my front bag mysteriously empty yesterday, now I know why. Ive got to get one of those check valves ASAP. My rear fill hoses are shorter and were routed though the side panels to prevent kinks. I cut 1" off the back of the panels to create a slot on the front for the hoses to slide up/down as the bags rise/fall:

I think these are 1000lb bags, so YMMV.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 pm 
Team Axis

if you need to use the boat before you get a check valve just fill the bag and close the ball valve for the pump, on my boat it's under the cover below the driver seat and its the valve on the lefthand side, you may have to reach pretty far to get to it, i had to go elbow deep but it's not too hard to get to....and one more thing just out of curiosity.... what prop are you using and what's your elevation?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 am 
Team Axis

Thanks for the tip about the shutoff valve. I have whats listed on the invoice as the "high altitude prop" = not sure which model that is. Im at 840' (+/- 5') above SL. Boat does 40mph (on the speedo) at 5K rpm. I need to verify what the GPS speed is, but I know its high by atleast 1 mph at WB speeds.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:47 am 
Team Axis

so you all are filling the sack first and letting it drain to the tank? I am filling the sack with the overflow from the tank , but i do have some water bypassing the drain pump while i am filling by doing it this way.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 am 
Team Axis

Yes, mine fills into the bag and drains into the tank. thats the 'stock' method, but others have switch to your way because the hose between the bag and tank can kink and prevent the tank from filling.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:38 am 
Axis Owner

Walter thanks for posting this how to. now my rear bags stay filled and I got my wake dialed in.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:15 am 
Team Axis

DBragg wrote:
so you all are filling the sack first and letting it drain to the tank? I am filling the sack with the overflow from the tank , but i do have some water bypassing the drain pump while i am filling by doing it this way.

I put a couple ball valves on the drain lines and ran the drain lines up the locker (opposite of the engine divider) to eliminate this issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next