It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 pm 
Team Axis

I have a 2012 A22 and I am looking to get sacs for it, I am looking at the SL Big Bag 540's for the rear and the SL 650 Bow Bag. I am thinking of running the overflow from the rear tanks into the bags, then the overflow from the bag would go out of the boat. For the drain I was going to put a Y on the tanks drain pump and just put the bag and the tank into one pump. Would this work?

Post subject: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm 
Team Axis

It's better to drain the bag into the tank instead of the Y, if one drains faster than the other the pump can suck air and lose prime, it's a problem with the 3/4" hose and 800 gph piranha on the 09-11 models, I'm not sure how well the bigger hose on your 12 will work if the pumps are upgraded to the 1100-1200 but someone may have tried it already and may chime in here soon. Also I think the drain pump is screwed directly into the tank so unless you put extra pumps in the bag drain and a check valve on the tank drain you may be spinning your wheels, someone with a 12 will be able to help you out with what they've done though. Give em time to see your post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:22 pm 
Team Axis

Walter, it's the '13 models that went to bigger ballast hose. The '12s are still 3/4 so I assume it's all the same as the previous years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 am 
Team Axis

On the '14's, is the vent line to the bags something that I need to purchase myself and add to the plug n play system? I am about to do my install on my ballast system and just wondering if I need to make a trip to the local hardware store to pick up some extra hose and clamps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:53 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
On the '14's, is the vent line to the bags something that I need to purchase myself and add to the plug n play system? I am about to do my install on my ballast system and just wondering if I need to make a trip to the local hardware store to pick up some extra hose and clamps.

Yes - no vent lines on the 14's. I believe you need some Y connectors to plumb into the vents for the hard tanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 am 
Team Axis

mcmiller wrote:
Yes - no vent lines on the 14's. I believe you need some Y connectors to plumb into the vents for the hard tanks.

I wonder if there are any extra holes out the side to connect the vents to? I guess I can give a report about how I do it this weekend, depending on if I decide to do it yet or wait.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:17 am 
Team Axis

Ok. After some investigating. I have learned a couple of things on the 2014.

- Make sure you purchase bags that have the drains on both ends since the PNP has two drain hoses. You could get by with using two straight connectors on the drains if you rig it correctly. The rear drain seems like it is going to be a PITA. The hose is facing forward which may need to be flipped to facing backwards in order to not exert a large amount of pressure on the fittings when full.

- If you want vents for the bags, you will need to install them seperately. The PNP didn't come with any extra hose for vents. Not a big deal just another PITA issue.

- I am going to try and get some pictures up this evening of the hose arrangement so people on here can offer the best solution to ensure quick drain. I was reading somewhere that a heat gun used on the hose will allow you to bend the hose easier. It currently isn't that flexible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 pm 
Team Axis

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1395797705000.jpg[/attachment]

I have an elbow fitting. Will that much hose and an elbow fitting not get kinked when the bags are full? I got the 900lb sumos.

Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1395797705000.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395797705000.jpg [ 128.99 KiB | Viewed 43724 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:01 am 

Hooking up the PNP on a 2014 A24- has anyone done the front horseshoe bag? Is there only a fill and an empty port in the middle? Should I run it upside down so it has a better chance of draining?

Got the bags yesterday and haven't a had a good chance to look in the bow yet to see what the hoses are and how they are run.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:26 am 
Team Axis

I hooked up my bags friday - The front has a fill and vent at the tip of the bow, then a drain on each end of the horseshoe. Hardest part was pulling the hose from the front down and removing the pass through connector that connected the fill and vent from the factory. I should have taken pictures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next