It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:03 pm 
Team Axis

Kirkcurrie wrote:
Alright, I apologize for the delay. Here is a link to my photo stream. Every photo has a description. It works flawlessly. There is very little water in the bags when drained. the vent lines tied into the factory is great. I can just look over the side to see when everything is full. No asking people to move and have a look. Install time took about 1.5 hours to get it all to work the way i wanted it too.

Note: The pictures are hard to tell, but i re routed the fill and vent up inside the gunnel to keep it as high as possible for filling purposes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99397849@N05/

Hope this helps some people!

Kirk

IMG_3687 - "Wye fitting for vent line. Wye'd in at the highest point before leaving the boat. just enough room for the hose clamps and fittings."
Q: This was Wye'd into which fitting? Hard to tell from the pic ... from the rear drains or vent from the center hard tank?

IMG_3686 - "Fill line plumbed into shut off valve going directly to top front of bag"
Q:- Did you add a shutoff and/or relocate the check valve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:27 am 
Team Axis

Heard from my dealer about the rear bags for the T22 draining. He suggested per Axis to check the anti cyphen vents. They may be closed. CrackGive them a 1/2 to 3/4 turn to open. Makes sense, if they're closed, would allow it to cyphen, allow air in and cyphen will not happen (like draining a pool right?). Anyone has an issue too and an opportunity to try before I do, let me know.

Take off the engine cover (jacket warmer tray thingy), look forward towards the bow should be a hoop type thingy, that is the anti cyphen ... it's likely closed, should be partially open, give it a 1/2 to 3/4 turn to open it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am 
Team Axis

Uhh. Yeah. I saw those the other day and tightened them up. Then my bags started emptying on the own. Loosened em up a bit and now everything is good again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:42 pm 
Boater

aguaskis wrote:
Kirkcurrie wrote:
Alright, I apologize for the delay. Here is a link to my photo stream. Every photo has a description. It works flawlessly. There is very little water in the bags when drained. the vent lines tied into the factory is great. I can just look over the side to see when everything is full. No asking people to move and have a look. Install time took about 1.5 hours to get it all to work the way i wanted it too.

Note: The pictures are hard to tell, but i re routed the fill and vent up inside the gunnel to keep it as high as possible for filling purposes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99397849@N05/

Hope this helps some people!

Kirk

IMG_3687 - "Wye fitting for vent line. Wye'd in at the highest point before leaving the boat. just enough room for the hose clamps and fittings."
Q: This was Wye'd into which fitting? Hard to tell from the pic ... from the rear drains or vent from the center hard tank?

IMG_3686 - "Fill line plumbed into shut off valve going directly to top front of bag"
Q:- Did you add a shutoff and/or relocate the check valve

The wye fitting is plumbed into the fitting for the rear hard tank vents.

The check valve was located behind the carpet, i did not have to relocate, I simply just extended the hose from that to re route it up into the gunnel.

Kirk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:24 am 
Team Axis

2014 T22, PnP, both drains hooked up and water continues to cyphen out of the hull drain port.

I've loosened the vent's anti cyphen caps and my rear bags still drain. Re-tightened, they stil drain. Fill the tanks and bags, close the fill to the bags, they still drain.

Any other ideas or anyone else still experiencing this?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:43 am 
Team Axis

Has anyone installed the 750's and bow sack in the 2015 A22 yet?
Im not technical at all, but is it simply a case of dropping the bags in, connecting the valves etc and not having to make any further amendments etc?

any hints, tips, feeds i should look at?

i suppose i should open the box and see if there are instructions etc, but all help would be much appreciated
just want to make sure i dont have water flooding the boat and also if there will be all this air issues and slow filling and draining etc?

the stock fills and drains quite fast from what i saw last weekend when the dealer did the water test?

cheers

And a few other options!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:32 pm 
Team Axis

Hey, so I understand you asked your question last year but I just installed a ballast setup in one of our 2015 A22s and here are some pictures for those doing a 2015 A22 or A24.

The rear bags are very easy to install but will require about 4 feet of additional hose than what Axis provides. You need about 2 feet per bag to do it with an easy install.

Tools needed:

Impact/screw gun/ screw driver with phillips bit
5/16 nut driver/socket
Hose/Pipe Cutter/ Razor Blade/Pocket Knife
Silicone
Black Tape/Heat Shrink

Setup:
We use Strait Line Sumo bags for our Axis boats. I like the 1" ports on the bags that match the 1" Hi-Flo ballast lines, I also like having the spring loaded "link valve" that works to burp all the air out. Go ahead and silicone the the threaded fittings into your bag ports and snug them up. For 2015 Axis was nice enough to include the rear quick lok fittings for the PnP upgrades but you still need two 90 degree elbows and two strait connectors for the front.

Rear Bags :

Starting with the Rear fittings at the Transom, go ahead and remove the two screws holding on the plate cover. Once that is off you can use the nut driver to remove the hoseclamp holding the hose to the hard tank port. (Sorry, I didnt have pictures of this step.) Axis uses a ton of silicone on the hose holding them on, I sugest cutting a slit on the hose to remove them. Once you have this hose off you are going to trim it down. You only need about 2.5"-3.5" of hose showing so it can mate to the bag.

Once trimmed, slide the hose back on the hard tank port and tighten down the hose clamp. A little bit of Babes Seat Soap on the inside of the hose makes this very easy. Then replace that cover.

Finished rear ports look like this.

Now, you can make that line shorter, and to the point where the quick release is coming right out of the opening.. Its up to you to go shorter, just makes it a pain getting the fitting on and off. The other option you can do is notch a hole in the back of the cover. You would run your hose strait back, use a 90 degree fitting striate up, through the hole you notched and then to the bag. The advantage of htis is having the bag as far back as possible to keep the weight in the rear of the boat.

Onto the other end of the rear bags underneath the rear seats. Go ahead and use that impact and pull the screw off the hose cover again. Same thing as the rear, go ahead and loosen the hose clamp and pull of that hose. You will not be using this section so pull it off however you need. This is where you need that extra hose line I mentioned earlier. Take a 2 ft section and hose clamp one end back on the hard tank port. Because of how far up the bags sit you need the extra length of the hose to loop around and connect back to the bag without kinking.

Use a hose clamp to secure the strait quick lok fitting to the hose and use the black/electrical tape or heat shrink to cover the hose clamp.

Here is a pictures of the finished setup with the additional hose length.

The Fill hose is tucked up in the wall in the rear compartment. They actually have you a big enough cutout this year that the hose wont pinch. Just pull it out of the wall and connect it to the bag.

The front bag:

Pull your seats out and lay the bag in the compartment. This one is easy enough to start at the rear drain hoses.

Just take your hose cutters and trim them up so you have a little bit of hose showing, and hose clamp your Strait Quick Loks to the hose. Tape over the hose clamp.

The two 90 degree connections will be going into the two ports near the nose of the bag/boat. Reach up under the seat towards the nose of the boat and find the hose line. Careful and watch for fiberglass splinters.. the suck.

This hose line has a barb fitting, cut the hose on either side of this seam. Hose clamp a 90 degree fiting to each hose and connect to the bag ports. The one on the Port side is your fill line and has a Check valve installed on the hose. The starboard side hose is the vent and goes to the thru hull fitting.

After that, head to the lake and enjoy your newly weighted boat.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:28 am 

elc wrote:
DBragg wrote:
so you all are filling the sack first and letting it drain to the tank? I am filling the sack with the overflow from the tank , but i do have some water bypassing the drain pump while i am filling by doing it this way.

I put a couple ball valves on the drain lines and ran the drain lines up the locker (opposite of the engine divider) to eliminate this issue.

Do you happen to have any photos of the install?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13