It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:41 pm 

I was looking for a how to video for installing the plug and play for the 2014, could not find one so i made one myself let me know your thoughts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tepSS-q47EI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:26 am 
Boater

I hooked up our plug and play a little differently, just because I did not want to worry about "burping" the bags or worry about the air. I just wye'd into my factory vent and put a vent, fill line on the top of our 750 fly high and 90 degree elbow at the back bottom drain and straight fitting at the front. Very easy to do. Just needed to buy some more hose from wakemakers!
It works great!

Kirk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:33 pm 
Team Axis

Let's see some pics Kirk. I had my dealer install mine and have been comparing the install with some of the installs on the threads on here and I am not so happy now. I think I need some 90's and some quick connects to make it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
Boater

Alright, I apologize for the delay. Here is a link to my photo stream. Every photo has a description. It works flawlessly. There is very little water in the bags when drained. the vent lines tied into the factory is great. I can just look over the side to see when everything is full. No asking people to move and have a look. Install time took about 1.5 hours to get it all to work the way i wanted it too.

Note: The pictures are hard to tell, but i re routed the fill and vent up inside the gunnel to keep it as high as possible for filling purposes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99397849@N05/

Hope this helps some people!

Kirk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:03 pm 
Team Axis

Sweet! Thanks man!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 am 
Team Axis

Have a T22, a couple weeks old with PnP from the factory, FH Axis T22 bags ... 750s in the rear and the 550 in the front ... seems the rear bags are draining through the drain ports (can see the water coming out the drain ports when surfing).

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems like it shouldn't do this ... I'll try closing the fill ball valve AFTER filling to see if it stops.

Additionally, the drain of the front bag seems slow, like it's clogged (this I will need to dig into, say a chunk of grey plastic in one of the quick disconnect fittings, hopefully pretty straight forward.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 am 
Team Axis

aguaskis wrote:
Have a T22, a couple weeks old with PnP from the factory, FH Axis T22 bags ... 750s in the rear and the 550 in the front ... seems the rear bags are draining through the drain ports (can see the water coming out the drain ports when surfing).

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems like it shouldn't do this ... I'll try closing the fill ball valve AFTER filling to see if it stops.

Additionally, the drain of the front bag seems slow, like it's clogged (this I will need to dig into, say a chunk of grey plastic in one of the quick disconnect fittings, hopefully pretty straight forward.

Yes. My 750 rears will drain down to almost empty after about 20 minutes of surfing, more so on the surf side.

My dealer is working on a fix, but I am getting really annoyed waiting. Before heading to the cottage this weekend, I plan to pick up some wine bottle stoppers to shove in the drain ports. Someone here or on TMC mentioned this as a temporary fix.

My front bag only drains a little while sitting level. I do most of the front bag draining while underway. I think it needs the gravity shift to get water to the rear of the bag where the drain is.

Make sure to complain to your dealer on the rears. Malibu is aware of the issue.

Post subject: How To Hook Up Your Plug N' Play
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 pm 
Team Axis

Raimie, those bottle stoppers worked great for me. I ended up adding dedicated fill and drain pumps and fixed the draining issue of the rears.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm 
Team Axis

get_sum wrote:
Raimie, those bottle stoppers worked great for me. I ended up adding dedicated fill and drain pumps and fixed the draining issue of the rears.

I picked up some bottle stoppers today to try out this weekend. Bottom line is, its a 2014, so I am not going to buy pumps or siphon valves etc... I am letting the dealer take care of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:54 pm 
Team Axis

Sent my dealer an email about the rear bags draining but came across this thread as a 'fix':

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?t=1780

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next