It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Factory Ballast system controls
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 am 
Team Axis

No the switch should be lit up when it's on, tha acc switch doesn't have a light on the bottom, so if it's flipped down you may not know about it, the one next to the heater switch is just a one way switch I think.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:29 am 
Team Axis

I'll see if I can get some pics together on how to hook everything up as far as the pnp goes, that seems to be a popular question on the forums, and the video on YouTube of the pnp install is all wrong and confusing as hell, the guy doesn't even use the right hardware. It seems like alot of people are having trouble getting everything working like it should.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 am 
Team Axis

Walter wrote:
I'll see if I can get some pics together on how to hook everything up as far as the pnp goes, that seems to be a popular question on the forums, and the video on YouTube of the pnp install is all wrong and confusing as hell, the guy doesn't even use the right hardware. It seems like alot of people are having trouble getting everything working like it should.

That would be fantastic, from what I've researched it sounds like the current video out there is all wrong. I've also seen that you can buy the generic (non Axis) bags (for the rear anyway) and save about $170.

Thanks again Walter!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:40 pm 
Team Axis

Walter wrote:
Open your chillax seats and take a look, mine had a y connection hooking the fill, drain and overflow together for the front pnp so the boat doesn't take on water, that might explain why it was coming right out as soon as you turned it on, you need to remove the y when you install the front bag, and put on the quick connectors. Elc is right about the switches, center is the factory tank, front will be the bag, the '10 models didn't come with the front switch, it just says acc, and there isn't a light on the drain side so you have to be paying attention on that one

Not true about the 10 models not having a front switch. Ours is a 10 and has the exact same switches as in the picture in the first post.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
Team Axis

damn i guess they ran out of front switches when they built mine then, all i got was an acc switch, it still functions like the other 2 way rockers though

Attachments:
12.jpg
12.jpg [ 47.87 KiB | Viewed 21678 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 am 
Team Axis

That is odd because ours definitely has the front switch. Even our friends 09 has the front switch and it doesn't have the PnP.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am 
Team Axis

Walter, I bet the factory would send you a front switch - Thats not right!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:41 am 
Team Axis

Ya Matt hooked me up, he said all of them should have the front switch, mine just squeaked past the inspector somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 am 

Hi

Can you tell me the reason why the factory recommends filling the bags first and use the gravity to filling the hardtanks? Thanks

elc wrote:
spyderwebb wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, though I don't think there was water in them already.

The boat is brand new and unless they ran water in them at the factory they should have been empty. I wonder if that was water pumping out the bilge because we were running the "front" pump with no PnP bag and it was just pumpin into the hull

Are the PNP lines plugged if they are not hooked up, or could they have been pumping water into the hull?

Then my next question is for the back PnP pumps, where is the switch for them? are they the accessory switch?

If you were running the pnp pump with no bag it could have been pumping water into the hull. When I demoed our boat they had unhooked the the rear pnp bag and forgot to hook it back up, so the same thing happened - The water came out of the bilge. That would explain the water coming out of the drain.

The rear pnp bags are not on separate pumps from the tanks. Each side has a drain pump and fill for the tank and bag. So they are operated by the right and left rear switch. Depending on how you have the rear ballast set up, the pnp fills the bags first then gravity fills the hard tanks or you fill the tanks first and overflow into bags. The factory recommends filling the bags.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
Team Axis

Chris wrote:
Hi

Can you tell me the reason why the factory recommends filling the bags first and use the gravity to filling the hardtanks? Thanks

I am not sure. I couldn't get the bags to fill and drain properly with it hooked up this way.