It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Sub enclosure
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am 

So has anyone built or had built a enclosure for the factory installed Wetsounds sub? I have a T23 and was wondering if there is enough room for a enclosure in the factory location. My boat is in storage for the winter so I cant do anymore than dream about what I want to do to it when I get it out.

Post subject: Re: Sub enclosure
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 am 
Team Axis

My a24 has a 1.6 c.f. box under the helm.. could probably get over 2 c.f. if you wanted..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm 

Do you have a pic of the sub in your a24?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm 
Team Axis

brandonT22 wrote:
Do you have a pic of the sub in your a24?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I don't and my boat is in storage... the box sits behind the plastic piece and is a wedge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm 

I just had mine installed on my 2016 A22. I bought a wetsounds HP 12 and had a box custom built and installed. I will try to get a picture of it but it will be at least a few days.

The box is around 1.5cu ft and ported. It’s bolted to the floor behind the kick panel with L brackets. I originally wanted to have it mated to the back of the black stock panel so it looked factory but I actually think it’s better to be stand alone because you can pull the black cover off and access anything behind it without having to take the sub out and unbolt the box from the floor. The box and enclosure sits about 1 inch behind the plastic and the sub grill is still screwed to the black plastic so it looks stock unless you really look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:22 am 

So I finally got around to this idea again thanks in part to a bow ballist bag not draining and it has a enclosure from the factory.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:52 am 
Team Axis

VxPilot wrote:
I just had mine installed on my 2016 A22. I bought a wetsounds HP 12 and had a box custom built and installed. I will try to get a picture of it but it will be at least a few days.

The box is around 1.5cu ft and ported. It’s bolted to the floor behind the kick panel with L brackets. I originally wanted to have it mated to the back of the black stock panel so it looked factory but I actually think it’s better to be stand alone because you can pull the black cover off and access anything behind it without having to take the sub out and unbolt the box from the floor. The box and enclosure sits about 1 inch behind the plastic and the sub grill is still screwed to the black plastic so it looks stock unless you really look at it.

I was planning to mate my sub box to the back of the stock kick panel too.

What are the dimensions of your sub box?

Do you have a heater?

Does your kick panel rattle or vibrate from the sub?