It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2014 Malibu 23LSV or 2018 Axis A24
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 pm 
Team Axis

Still not sure how to compare these boats. Two totally different experiences. Do you want the bling or not?

It's like rolling into a car dealership saying you are trying to decide between a 2018 Kia and a 2017 BMW.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:05 am 

vanamp wrote:
Still not sure how to compare these boats. Two totally different experiences. Do you want the bling or not?

It's like rolling into a car dealership saying you are trying to decide between a 2018 Kia and a 2017 BMW.

They are both nice boats, to be sure. I have owned a 2001 Reinell, 2008 Centurion Elite V, and 2012 MB Sports B52 23V, and both of these boats look to be better performing than those boats. I think it is closer to looking at a new Camaro SS and a BMW 550. The Camaro is certainly not as plush as the BMW, but dollar for dollar the performance is hard to match. Btw, Kias are a lot better these days. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 pm 
Team Axis

guitarcrazy wrote:
vanamp wrote:

They are both nice boats, to be sure. I have owned a 2001 Reinell, 2008 Centurion Elite V, and 2012 MB Sports B52 23V, and both of these boats look to be better performing than those boats. I think it is closer to looking at a new Camaro SS and a BMW 550. The Camaro is certainly not as plush as the BMW, but dollar for dollar the performance is hard to match. Btw, Kias are a lot better these days. :-)
What I am getting at is when you purchase something you want get the most value for your dollar.

Value is subjective to what is important to you. If you don't care about wrap around vinyl and you buy a boat with wrap around vinyl your cost goes up and value goes down. Do you want touchscreens? If not why pay for them?

I know what I want and if an Axis and Malibu were the same price and I could not resell I would chose the Axis. Why? I fix electronics for a living. I know what happens when you increase the amount of tech in something. I mostly boat at our cabin hours away from a dealer. Touchscreens are negative to me. If I lived on a lake by my dealer my opinion might change.

We like to surf and the boat is just a tool that allows us to surf. I can't fix my own vinyl so the less complex the vinyl the less to go wrong. I can fix gel coat but not flake so we are opting for no flake.

If you want to spend your money wisely you need stop looking at specific boats and figure out what you want. Then find a boat that checks all of your boxes. If the boat is out of budget figure out what options you can live without and go find your boat.