It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Capping Rear Cup Holders on A22
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 am 
Team Axis

Any thoughts on the best option to cap the rear cup holders on the back a 15' A22?

I mostly run in salt water and water will get in them and drain into my bilge. I connected a piece of tubing to route the water to the bottom of the bilge without dripping on anything, but I would prefer to just stop the water from coming in at all.

My internet research indicates that the hole diameter in the fiberglass is 3 7/8" and the inner diameter of the cupholder is 3 1/2".

I would like to come up with a non permanent solution so I can switch back to the stainless cupholders when I'm riding on fresh water.

Post subject: Re: Capping Rear Cup Holders on A22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 am 
Team Axis

I just had a Tervis cup in my hand and the lid measures 3 7/8 inches in diameter. Or are their other lids that you could tightly insert inside the cup to keep water out when you do not want it. Or buy a circle hole cutter at 3 1/2 inches and cut a piece of acrylic / plastic to insert into the cup with a strap to remove it when you want to

Just thinking out loud without having my boat nearby to look at it

Good luck

Boat Name: Who's Next

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm 
Team Axis

I run in salt to and my solution was just a small piece of black duct tape over the tiny drain hole in the cup holder. Then when I'm done and the boat is washed, just pull the whole cup holder out to drain the water.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm 
Team Axis

kx250frider617 wrote:
I run in salt to and my solution was just a small piece of black duct tape over the tiny drain hole in the cup holder. Then when I'm done and the boat is washed, just pull the whole cup holder out to drain the water.

Are your cupholders rusting pretty quickly with the salt sitting in there for a while?

If I can't find something to cap the fiberglass hole, then I'm thinking of getting plastic cup holders and caping them with something