It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ballast bag disconnected
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:33 pm 
Team Axis

So I had a 900lb ballast bag disconnect while I was riding. ?Wife was driving. Saw the Blge pumping out water , by the time I stopped and got back in the boat it was essentially pumped out. Anything I need to double check before ridding again?

Also the plug and play sack seems to just click back in fairly easy. Any ideas on why it came loose? I didn't have a chance to check the connection on the other bag as it was late, but I'm hoping to get some pointers so I don't waste much time when I head back out.

My first ballast issue so I am a completely green when it comes to these problems

Boat is a 2016 t22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Ballast bag disconnected
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:26 pm 
Team Axis

I had a similar issue. The reason was that the hose was too short and the angle was too tight causing it to pop off when the bag filled. We put a longer hose on the back so the angle connection was square.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 pm 
Team Axis

6wakesurfers wrote:
I had a similar issue. The reason was that the hose was too short and the angle was too tight causing it to pop off when the bag filled. We put a longer hose on the back so the angle connection was square.

Till now it was slow draining as that short stub drain kinked the short hose when i fully filled this bad install I had done when you were right I should have looped significantly long towards bow and looped back to a 90 quick connect at back of locker on top of service panel for bottom of bag drain on my 850 . This weekend it popped off twice and flooded bilges cause I left fill switches on when getting up, doesn't happen if I turn off fill, just my normal leaks of no consequence other than the bilge runs some. After the fix I'll get 800+++ in fill more than I do now with the kinked sac currently on short fill, maybe 750++
And they'll drain much faster as there won't be a damn of bag material in front of drain hole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:20 am 
Team Axis

I had a bunch of issues with the bottom quick attach and top detaching and the bag draining... there are little clamps on the bottom of the "hose" end attachment my one side had broke off. if yours are broke or the red slide is not pushed toward the bag end of the clamp it will pop off..

I changed the rear bag to a 45 degree cut the hose so the stupid hose doesn't kink. all the hoses in my boat were way to long.

You can just loosen the quick connect bands and work the old fittings out and replace..

HERE IS THE BIG ONE...GO TO FLOW-RITE website. they sell all the parts and pieces you need for your boat direct. I just ordered all sorts of elbows and strait fittings extra hose and o rings for back up parts..

they are like 1/4 the price for everything!! let me know if you want pics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 am 
Team Axis

buffaxis wrote:
I had a bunch of issues with the bottom quick attach and top detaching and the bag draining... there are little clamps on the bottom of the "hose" end attachment my one side had broke off. if yours are broke or the red slide is not pushed toward the bag end of the clamp it will pop off..

I changed the rear bag to a 45 degree cut the hose so the stupid hose doesn't kink. all the hoses in my boat were way to long.

You can just loosen the quick connect bands and work the old fittings out and replace..

HERE IS THE BIG ONE...GO TO FLOW-RITE website. they sell all the parts and pieces you need for your boat direct. I just ordered all sorts of elbows and strait fittings extra hose and o rings for back up parts..

they are like 1/4 the price for everything!! let me know if you want pics.

Fantastic info ! Thanks.

It will be about 10 days till I can get back up to the lake and really dig into it but I will keep u guys posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk