It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2016 Rear ballast bags for Axis boats
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:35 am 
Site Admin

Who has the info on the 2016 rear bags?

I'm being told by BFI that none of the EXV 750 and 1100 EXV bags work in the 2016 Axis boats. They are pushing the new 2016 bags that are made for the Axis/Malibu line.

Is anyone using the regular 750 EXV or 1100 EXV bags in the rear?

If you are using the newer Axis specific bags. Are you just needing red/black quick connects and how many of each are you using for a rear set of bags? 2 Elbows per bag since they are bottom mounting now?

Post subject: Re: 2016 Rear ballast bags for Axis boats
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 am 
Team Axis

I got the Axis specific bags for my '16 A20 from my dealer. I'm pretty sure they're W025-750. I think the bags come with the female fittings already attached to the bags on the bottom on either end that plug directly into the fittings already in the boat. My dealer did the install so I'm not certain about this but I'm pretty sure they are literally plug and play. The bags are custom fitted to conform to the front part of the lockers and allow them to tuck under the wall that the rear seat cushions are attached to. There is one other vent port on the top of the bags that has a screw in vented FH plug that allows air to escape without completely removing the plug. I have read that some others are connecting this vent to a line out the boat so they don't have to manually burp the bags.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:50 am 

I had the same issue, I ordered a set of 1100 pound bags from wake makers in January in anticipation of my boat, went around to installing them last weekend and they would not fit, my hoses were too short. They have been great in dealing with the issue and are working on getting me a set of quick connect extensions for the bags, I will eventually have to get some sort of vent system for draining purposes figured out. The only other option that I know of are the BFI 550 and 750 pound bags that they have re-designed for the 2016's, that is my next route if these do not work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

So the 2016 boats are coming with the Red/Black quick connects already in the rear of the boats? So really it is just a clip in? Or is there a plug in the rear hoses?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:37 pm 
Team Axis

I'm not 100% sure, but yes, I think that is the case. I think the 90deg fittings are already mounted in the bottom of the rear compartment on both ends of the compartment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:03 pm 
Team Axis

I ordered some semi custom 1100's from Wakemakers and extended the factory hose. It works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:11 pm 

The bags come with all the fittings already in them. They aren't standard 750's. I don't know if they are different than other PnP bags in past years. These bags have a hip in them allowing them to fit under the rear seat cushions some. The sternmost portion of the bag just connects directly to the quick connect. the front (bowmost) part of the bag has a quick connect fitting the but fill line in the boat will need to have the plug removed, hose trimmed, and the other part of the quick connect installed. I don't remember whether male or femaie is installed on the fill of the bag or not. The bags are intended to be burped and have a plug on the top. I used the drain line from the boat to vent the PnP. Those drain hose runs from the stern of the boat up under the gunwhales and then forward to the drain port on either side of the boat. I ordered 1-1/8 hose (10ft - which was 2-3 feet over what I needed), 2 Y's, 2 check valves, 2 quick connect pairs. The under the gunwhale I cut the drain line and installed the Y fitting. I installed my check valve as close to the Y fitting as I could and then ran line from the other side to the bag for vent. They aren't totally PnP because the fill line WILL need to be trimmed and have the correct quick connect fitting installed. The install of the bags is SUPER easy though. The vent line also isn't difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 am 
Team Axis

What is different with plug and play on the '15 vs the '16? Just curious why there are some bags on wakemakers that work with the '16 but not '15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:14 am 
Team Axis

117AJB wrote:
What is different with plug and play on the '15 vs the '16? Just curious why there are some bags on wakemakers that work with the '16 but not '15

The rear Hi-Flo plug and play kit for Axis for 2016 are custom made bags by WakeMakers themselves based on their LBS bags. They went to the Malibu factory and did custom scans of the rear compartments to make the bags fit perfectly. They do have a little leg on the bottom that goes up under the compartment in the front to hook right to the plug and play. I ordered a set yesterday for my T23 but they are backordered. Once I get them in and installed, I'll post pictures of everything for everyone's reference. I couldn't find anything really about them online.

I do have their measurements though, 48Lx22Wx20H and they hold 825lbs, which according to WM puts the rear end low enough matched with the stock bow bag to not put the Surfgate under the water which would cause the wave to wash out. I assume if you add more weight than that, you have to balance out the front to keep it riding correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 am 
Site Admin

BFI also has made a bag that matches what AXIS/Malibu needed for the rear of the 2016 boats.