It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Heavy Vibration
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 am 
Team Axis

BornFree great observation on your part! I don't have a dog in this fight as I own a 13 A22 but have been interested in the problem and following the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 pm 

I tried holding the wedge in place pushing and pulling and it didn't stop the vibration or noise at all. I did spend some time on the surf pipe and when I reach down to the very bottom tip of it, its shaking immensely and as I make my way up the pipe with my towards the boat it slows down a lot. With no visible shaking or vibration of the engine and no drivetrain engaged when in natural, I really think in this case its the surf pipe. Which would be a good thing as it would be a easy replacement or fix.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:32 pm 

bamabonners wrote:
My 15 T22 has 350 and no vibrations.

Do you have a surf pipe (factory installed FAE?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:23 am 
Team Axis

Ok I'm reading over these and I'm a little confused. I have a 2015 A22. The only noise I get it when weighted down. I think a lot of that is the platform being raised for the surfgate now it's right at the point where it starts to float.

I have also spent a lot of time the last few weeks on a 2015 T23 and there is no noise. He doesn't have the PNP bags installed yet so it's just factory ballast.

Does everyone with this problem have the FAE system? I wonder if that's the issue.

Also to the OP. I understand your frustration but did you test drive the boat before you bought it? From what your saying I would think you would have herd the noise in the test drive and decided then if it's something you could or couldn't live with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 am 

I am thinking for sure it is associated with the Surf Pipe and didn't test drive the boat no...the weather was crappy and I knew it was the boat I wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 am 

Boondocker19 wrote:
bamabonners wrote:
My 15 T22 has 350 and no vibrations.

Do you have a surf pipe (factory installed FAE?)

No surf pipe for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm 

I have a 2015 T22 and had the same swim platform vibration appear after 47 hrs. It was a buzzing in the back of the boat that appeared while tubing. Intermittent at low to mid rpms under light load. At first I thought it was driveline or prop issue. After seeing that the prop was fine I noticed the pins that had backed out of the swim platform. I'm going to monitor my pins, however if they keep working their way loose I'm going replace them with stainless fasteners.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:33 pm 
Boater

I lost a swim step pin over the weekend. I have been talking about thru bolting the top pins for a few weeks now and I haven't found a bolt size that fit tightly in the pin holes. My pins have been working themselves lose almost every time I use the boat. I always keep my boat on the trailer but I left it in the water all weekend for the first time ever and after one night one of the pins was gone.

My question is has anyone replaced their pins with bolts? If so, what size bolts did you use?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:19 pm 
Team Axis

I fixed mine with a zip tie locked in between the little pin and the bracket. It holds the pin from vibrating or sliding back through.