It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another order for a T23 and I saved an EXTRA $1K!! whoo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 pm 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
AJWest wrote:
If the 2313 is listed as the torque prop then get it I suppose. Last year's gearing had the 2419 as the torque prop and it's a beast. There's already 2015 Malibu LSV's using the 2315 loaded up and I've seen a couple guys order 2015 LSV's with the 2419 which is way more aggressive than the 2313 and 2315
I wouldn't say "way". The only difference is the cup on the blades. Besides that, I agree with the rest.

Yes the 2419 is a cup size difference from the 2315 and the 2315 is a cup size from the 2313. However, the difference between the 2313 and 2315 on top speed and rpm range is very close. Going from 2315 to a 2419 is a much bigger difference on the water. You'll lose about 4mph and gain several hundred rpm by going to the more aggressive 2419 from the 2315 but the 2419 will pull that extra bit if you are finding the 2315 at it's max. That's why it's best to find your max weight of combination of ballast and people weight to decide on what prop will work for your elevation and motor. I typically will have max 5-6 crew but typically 3-4 crew. I will run no less than 3850lbs of ballast with 5-6 crew, 3-4 crew I'll run 4650 ballast, and when it's just me and my lady friend sometimes we'll feel a little froggy and run 5450 in ballast. You'll love your T23 either if you choose the 2313 (torque prop) or if you know you'll really slam your boat and need extra prop for wakeboarding speed with the 2315. The 2313 will do for surfing probably no matter what you put in your boat. Keep in mind, you can tune a prop close to a cup size if needed for $100-$150.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:10 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
dezul wrote:
AJWest wrote:
If the 2313 is listed as the torque prop then get it I suppose. Last year's gearing had the 2419 as the torque prop and it's a beast. There's already 2015 Malibu LSV's using the 2315 loaded up and I've seen a couple guys order 2015 LSV's with the 2419 which is way more aggressive than the 2313 and 2315
I wouldn't say "way". The only difference is the cup on the blades. Besides that, I agree with the rest.

Yes the 2419 is a cup size difference from the 2315 and the 2315 is a cup size from the 2313. However, the difference between the 2313 and 2315 on top speed and rpm range is very close. Going from 2315 to a 2419 is a much bigger difference on the water. You'll lose about 4mph and gain several hundred rpm by going to the more aggressive 2419 from the 2315 but the 2419 will pull that extra bit if you are finding the 2315 at it's max. That's why it's best to find your max weight of combination of ballast and people weight to decide on what prop will work for your elevation and motor. I typically will have max 5-6 crew but typically 3-4 crew. I will run no less than 3850lbs of ballast with 5-6 crew, 3-4 crew I'll run 4650 ballast, and when it's just me and my lady friend sometimes we'll feel a little froggy and run 5450 in ballast. You'll love your T23 either if you choose the 2313 (torque prop) or if you know you'll really slam your boat and need extra prop for wakeboarding speed with the 2315. The 2313 will do for surfing probably no matter what you put in your boat. Keep in mind, you can tune a prop close to a cup size if needed for $100-$150.

All this checks out. I was mainly trying to get a more specific range than "several" from you. I know you probably didn't pay attention while pulling which is why you left it open for interpretation. Also it needs to be defined which engine is being used. As for surfing, all three props will work perfectly. You will need to find the perfect weight combo for your boat. I tend to swamp the gates if I have my 900lb rears full and wedge down with front full and any additional weight near the rear. The 2015s ride higher so this will be different. You definitely give some good info on the props though. I am have my 2315 reworked this winter (it has a nice bend it it from a log) to be more like the 2419.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:06 pm 
Team Axis

Dezul, you are very correct in that there's a point of diminishing returns of having too much weight and/or too much rear weight without balancing it with additional front weight with lead or extra ballast sack.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:22 pm 

I can only order the 2313 "torque prop" from factory so I guess I'll have to give it a go. So sounds like the 900s bags wil fill all the way and be better that the 750s. What ballast should I run up front if I do the 900s in the rear?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 pm 
Team Axis

Both Fly-high and Straightline have bow sacks but I'm not sure which will fit the T23. Contact Boardstop.com or send PM to the admin on this website "Ed". He's associated with Boardstop.com and can get you what you need. Obviously get the biggest you can fit because when you wakeboard, extra bow weight firms up all the Axis boats. You honestly might want to get an extra 400 sack to fit in the walkway when you wakeboard. Everyone I know that has an Axis that really wants to maximize the wake likes the extra 400. You can wait though if you want on the 400 and just have about 400-500lbs of people sit in the bow while you wakeboard and you'll see a difference in the firmness of the wake.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
Both Fly-high and Straightline have bow sacks but I'm not sure which will fit the T23. Contact Boardstop.com or send PM to the admin on this website "Ed". He's associated with Boardstop.com and can get you what you need. Obviously get the biggest you can fit because when you wakeboard, extra bow weight firms up all the Axis boats. You honestly might want to get an extra 400 sack to fit in the walkway when you wakeboard. Everyone I know that has an Axis that really wants to maximize the wake likes the extra 400. You can wait though if you want on the 400 and just have about 400-500lbs of people sit in the bow while you wakeboard and you'll see a difference in the firmness of the wake.

This.

Anything more than 400 gets dicey. I almost sunk my boat with a 650 on top and 400 in the walkway with both 900lbs in the rear full. Front under seat bag was full also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:27 pm 
Team Axis

Dezul, I bet you almost had a heart attack coming off the throttle with 1050lbs of extra bow ballast in addition to the bow sack. I bet that wake was mackin though and lots of boost. With the extra bow sacks displacing more water that wake is so firm you actually ride up the lip of the wake instead of through the lip.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:07 pm 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
Dezul, I bet you almost had a heart attack coming off the throttle with 1050lbs of extra bow ballast in addition to the bow sack. I bet that wake was mackin though and lots of boost. With the extra bow sacks displacing more water that wake is so firm you actually ride up the lip of the wake instead of through the lip.

I was a little drunk (thanks fireball). We dipped the tip to the point I had to slam it in reverse with no reguard for the rope. I highly suggest people dont push their boats that far. You are extremely correct in all the info you have gave the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 am 
Team Axis

dezul wrote:
AJWest wrote:

I was a little drunk (thanks fireball). We dipped the tip to the point I had to slam it in reverse with no reguard for the rope. I highly suggest people dont push their boats that far. You are extremely correct in all the info you have gave the OP.

Hmmmm ... a little drunk. Not a good mix at the throttle. :-/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:03 pm 
Team Axis

aguaskis wrote:
dezul wrote:
AJWest wrote:

Hmmmm ... a little drunk. Not a good mix at the throttle. :-/

Thanks for your opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next